Contribute
Register

Yoga 720 try out High Sierra (issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You Need to install Mac with a Fake ig platform id like 0x12345678
After the Installation boot up into the recovery mode, open the terminal to use csrutil disable. Reboot the System and use the terminal pixel clock patch. Im on the tablet at the moment but you can find this
Which version of pixel clock patch (or core-display patch) did you use? Did you have to force patching it? I actually did all this (SIP seems to be turned off according to the output by core-display patch) but after I cleared intelGFX in clover I'm stuck before the apple splash appears.

I actually have both Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup in my clover folder and I've done all that (installing with 0x12345678, patching core-display and clearing the field), but then I just couldn't boot into the system. Pretty sure something went wrong.

No idea what you mean by "clearing the field".

I wouldn't be able to boot into the installer if I didn't have a fakeID for intelGFX. My laptop has a UHD display.
Will fix my profile in a minute.

As per guide, DO NOT use a FakeID.
Use only invalid ig-platform-id.

Bootstrapping any patches to the framebuffer not possible when you use an invalid FakeID as it kicks the kext that you're trying to patch out of kernel cache. And Clover can only patch a kext in kernel cache.

4k displays require CoreDisplay patch to defeat the pixel clock limit. The patch can be applied manually or with CoreDisplayFixup.kext.

I had bought a third mhf Antenna.so there was no problem.
I was getting DW1560 and DW1830 at similar price on ebay. So, I ordered DW1830 :). Hopefully I will be able to get it working. Where did you connect the third antenna? I read somewhere that the two antennas were embedded into display, Do I have to open it?. I also need to figure out which screwdriver I need to use to open my laptop, hopefully a torx T7 should be good enough.

Which version of pixel clock patch (or core-display patch) did you use? Did you have to force patching it? I actually did all this (SIP seems to be turned off according to the output by core-display patch) but after I cleared intelGFX in clover I'm stuck before the apple splash appears.

I had start a howto, but It's not finished:

Code:
macOS High Sierra Yoga 720 UHD setup

///////////////////////BIOS Settings///////////////////////////////////////////

=> Configuration

- Wireless Lan                          -> Enabled
- SATA Controller Mode                  -> AHCI
- Graphic Device                        -> UMA Only
- Power Beep                            -> Disbaled
- Intel Virtual Technology              -> Enabled
- Hotkey Mode                           -> Enabled
- Always On USB                         -> Enabled
- Thunderbolt(TM) Device Boot Support   -> Disabled
- Thermal Control                       -> Balanced

=> Security
- Intel Platform Trust Technology       -> Disabled
- Intel SGX                             -> Disabled
- Secure Boot                           -> Enabled
- Reset to Setup Mode                   -> selected entrie status

=> Boot
- Boot Mode                             -> UEFI

=> Exit
- OS Optimized Defaults                 -> Disabled
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// 

csrutil disable
///
First prepare your High Sierra USB stick.
Use Aptopfixdrv-64 instead of v2.

Boot up with fakeintelgfx 0x19168086 and inject intel (leave ig-platform-id empty!
Look at my clover config plist

After setup disable csrutil on recovery boot up

reboot
///////////////////////Display Fix-UHD//////////////////////////////////////////
=> Terminal

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay

sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework/Versions/Current/CoreDisplay

=> config plist
Add bootflag to -disablegfxfirmware and remove intelgfx id and intel injection.

# note there's also a kext to fix that.
Bootup

The next steps will come

SSDT DSDT Patches

Generally, a DSDT patch should only be applied after finding a need for that specific fix. But there are several patches that are commonly needed and that have only a small chance of causing a problem. They are in my laptop repo and are listed here:
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"

"Fix PNOT/PPNT" (use only if you're dropping CPU related SSDTs)
/*"Add IMEI" (do not use if your DSDT or SSDTs already have IMEI/HECI/MEI device)*/

_DSM to XDSM*  /  do not apply this
GFX0 to IGPU

Brightness Fix //New fix on tonymacs*

Skylape LPC
skylape 0x6d instant wake patch

GFX0 to IGPU
-

EC0 to EC
HDAS to HDEF
HECI to IMEI
MEI to IMEI

EHC1 to EH01
EHC2 to EH02
_OSI to XOSI* //needed for voodooi2c driver, without this the touchscreen and touchpad is not working so don't RENAME _OSI. 

Important note by Upgrading the system,
APFS need all time the actual Firmware file, you need to copy manually the apfs.efi file to /efi/clover/driver64uefi
Also you need to update the clover configuration file under smbios to the newest firmware date and realse number.

download beta 5 and show packages contents,sharesupport,basesystem.dmg,open,usr,standalone,i386 and hire you are

VoodooI2C edits:

First patch to the DSDT you'll want to do is add "Store (0x7DF, OSYS)" to _SB.PCI0.INI before the _PR.DTSE CondRefOf (spoof Windows 2015 OSI for I2C drivers)

For sleep/wake, patch DSDT with Rehabman's usb_prw_0x0d_xhc_skl
For brightness keys, patch DSDT's _Q11 (brightness down) and _Q12 (brightness up) methods under EC0

Disable Security Question on macOS for applications
sudo spctl --master-disable

Last edited:
IntelGFX = 0x59168086
IG-PLATFORM-ID = 0x591b0000

after install when you had patched the pixel clock via terminal, the kext will break your copy & paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back