Contribute
Register

Yoga 720 try out High Sierra (issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've got a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter that works in Windows but not in High Sierra even if plugged in prior to boot. Could well be the 20.00 adapter though. I don't have any other Thunderbolt devices. Ultimately I need to be able to dual boot, I'm working through disabling discrete graphics using your excellent guide, I've worked through you example but haven't had success yet. Not throwing my hands up yet, lots of reading still to do. I can't boot with switchable graphics enabled so I'm hoping to fix that. I also can't boot with the Intel Trusted Platform module enabled and windows doesn't like it turned off. I need to either figure out how to leave it enabled for OSX or remove the need for it in Windows. Possibly the finger print reader requires it in Windows 10? I haven't done any real research on this yet though. It would be nice to dual boot without resetting bios parameters each time. Thanks for being such a great resource.

Ok, I've got a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter that works in Windows but not in High Sierra even if plugged in prior to boot.

Framebuffer issue. You probably need to patch the framebuffer to add a missing connector (usually the 0306 connector).

Hello, I recently bought a Yoga 720 15 with i7-7700HQ 2.80ghz cpu 16gb ram and 512gb NVMe SSD. I've been reading a lot. I have 10.12.6 Sierra installed. I have the keyboard, webcam, and HD630 gfx on UHD screen working properly. I'm successfully dual booting to win 10 as well using clover.

WiFi does not work, it's intel. My Audio is showing up under system information, but not under preferences and I'm unable to use it. I've tried getting Ethernet through an OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock, but nothing is showing up on that like it does in windows. I've been trying to get the trackpad ELAN0651 working with no success. I tried the "Store (0x7DF, OSYS)" patch with no success. I tried removing it after making other changes and still no success.

I'd like to get the audio, trackpad, touchscreen, and thunderbolt 3 working to make this a usable hackbook. I'm not a computer programmer, and honestly I have a hard time understanding what you guys are talking about a lot of the time. If RehabMan, coolstarorg, or thefiredragon could help me out, or anyone understands this better than me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Attachments

• Aaron’s MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip
    561.5 KB · Views: 69
  • EFI.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
  • RehabMan.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 67
  • terminal output text.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 86
Hello, I recently bought a Yoga 720 15 with i7-7700HQ 2.80ghz cpu 16gb ram and 512gb NVMe SSD. I've been reading a lot. I have 10.12.6 Sierra installed. I have the keyboard, webcam, and HD630 gfx on UHD screen working properly. I'm successfully dual booting to win 10 as well using clover.

WiFi does not work, it's intel. My Audio is showing up under system information, but not under preferences and I'm unable to use it. I've tried getting Ethernet through an OWC Thunderbolt 3 dock, but nothing is showing up on that like it does in windows. I've been trying to get the trackpad ELAN0651 working with no success. I tried the "Store (0x7DF, OSYS)" patch with no success. I tried removing it after making other changes and still no success.

I'd like to get the audio, trackpad, touchscreen, and thunderbolt 3 working to make this a usable hackbook. I'm not a computer programmer, and honestly I have a hard time understanding what you guys are talking about a lot of the time. If RehabMan, coolstarorg, or thefiredragon could help me out, or anyone understands this better than me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you RehabMan! I guess I didn't realize there was more to installing some of those kexts than just using kext wizard. I now have my touchpad and touch screen working. I used the AppleHDA patcher to get my audio working. Thunderbolt 3 works after enabling Thunderbolt as boot device in bios.

I still have more to do but at least I have the basics up and running. I've noticed with my trackpad, it seems to have some very slight delay between when I move my finger and when the cursor moves. Also, if I move my finger very slowly the cursor doesn't move at all. I've tried messing with the tracking speed under system prefs but that doesn't fix it. I've also noticed that in windows the tracking speed seems to have some kind of curve where slow is extra slow and fast is much faster. I will do some more research. It's usable as is but I'd like to fix it.

Thank you RehabMan! I guess I didn't realize there was more to installing some of those kexts than just using kext wizard. I now have my touchpad and touch screen working. I used the AppleHDA patcher to get my audio working. Thunderbolt 3 works after enabling Thunderbolt as boot device in bios.

I still have more to do but at least I have the basics up and running. I've noticed with my trackpad, it seems to have some very slight delay between when I move my finger and when the cursor moves. Also, if I move my finger very slowly the cursor doesn't move at all. I've tried messing with the tracking speed under system prefs but that doesn't fix it. I've also noticed that in windows the tracking speed seems to have some kind of curve where slow is extra slow and fast is much faster. I will do some more research. It's usable as is but I'd like to fix it.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Of course, sorry about that. Now I'm trying to connect an external display through the mini displayport of my thunderbolt 3 dock and getting some strange behavior. Every time I reboot, audio inputs and outputs seem to be disappearing and reappearing. At first the external display wouldn't connect. Then it connected, but my laptop screen went black. When I have it connected, both screens are showing up in preferences despite my laptop screen having nothing on it. I'm reading about how to patch the framebuffer. Do you think that will solve my problem?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
  • MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip
    760.4 KB · Views: 60
  • RehabMan.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 70
  • terminal out 1.rtf.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 77
  • terminal out 2.rtf.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 74
Ok, I've got a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter that works in Windows but not in High Sierra even if plugged in prior to boot. Could well be the 20.00 adapter though. I don't have any other Thunderbolt devices. Ultimately I need to be able to dual boot, I'm working through disabling discrete graphics using your excellent guide, I've worked through you example but haven't had success yet. Not throwing my hands up yet, lots of reading still to do. I can't boot with switchable graphics enabled so I'm hoping to fix that. I also can't boot with the Intel Trusted Platform module enabled and windows doesn't like it turned off. I need to either figure out how to leave it enabled for OSX or remove the need for it in Windows. Possibly the finger print reader requires it in Windows 10? I haven't done any real research on this yet though. It would be nice to dual boot without resetting bios parameters each time. Thanks for being such a great resource.
I don't know if you already figured this out, and I don't have everything 100% where I want it yet, but I do have windows 10 and osx sierra both booting successfully from clover.

There are some things you need to do in windows.
This guy does a good job of walking you through it.

I started with Windows pre installed, and windows already had an EFI partition. So I copied my clover installation to the already existing windows EFI partition. Then for EFI/Boot replace the BOOTX64.EFI file in there with the one that is part of the clover installation. Then in EFI/Microsoft/Boot change the name of bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi . I hope that helps!

I've noticed with my trackpad, it seems to have some very slight delay between when I move my finger and when the cursor moves. Also, if I move my finger very slowly the cursor doesn't move at all. I've tried messing with the tracking speed under system prefs but that doesn't fix it. I've also noticed that in windows the tracking speed seems to have some kind of curve where slow is extra slow and fast is much faster. I will do some more research. It's usable as is but I'd like to fix it.

Your ioreg shows I2C trackpad.
I2C trackpad driver is undergoing a rewrite.
Don't expect too much from the current version.

Of course, sorry about that. Now I'm trying to connect an external display through the mini displayport of my thunderbolt 3 dock and getting some strange behavior. Every time I reboot, audio inputs and outputs seem to be disappearing and reappearing. At first the external display wouldn't connect. Then it connected, but my laptop screen went black. When I have it connected, both screens are showing up in preferences despite my laptop screen having nothing on it. I'm reading about how to patch the framebuffer. Do you think that will solve my problem?

Work on getting the external ports working that are present on the laptop before attempting to make a dock work.
You should also make sure you implement basics like CPU PM as well.

Thanks for taking a look! At least I know the track pad isn't something I did wrong.

The laptop only has 2 usb 3 ports and a thunderbolt 3 port. As far as I know they are all working. Thunderbolt doesn't show up as thunderbolt though, it just makes it look like the extra ports are part of my laptop. I had the same thing happen on my desktop build with thunderbolt 2. And there was no thunderbolt hot swap on that either. As long as you have it plugged in when you boot, it all seems to work though. Except for the issue with the external display. At least I know I can get the display working. It's just a matter of getting both the external display and the laptop display working at the same time.

I will work on CPU PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back