Contribute
Register

Yoga 720 try out High Sierra (issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have my wifi at en0 now. I'm no longer getting that "getmacaddress returns 0x00000005" error. But I'm still having the same problem with Presonus Studio One losing the license after every reboot. This is what terminal shows when trying to open Studio One:
Last login: Fri Dec 22 22:20:14 on console

MacBook-Pro:~ geeztownhbook$ /Applications/Studio\ One\ 3.app/Contents/MacOS/studioapp ; exit;

studioapp(581,0x7fffdf7a83c0) malloc: *** error for object 0x102f63ad8: pointer being freed was not allocated

*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

Abort trap: 6

logout

problem reporting files attached using the script that I just noticed to get them all.

NVRAM problem? Forgot to install "RC scripts" when you installed Clover?
BTW, your ACPI configuration is wrong.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Start over with a known good config.plist from the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Could you be more specific about ACPI and config.plist? Everything is booting and working except for this software activation/ licensing issue.

I'll fix my RC scripts. I actually did't install them at first because I wasn't sure if I needed them. But then when going through the iMessage guide I was having problems and thought I needed them, but I must not have installed them correctly. I do have a 100 series motherboard, but the problem I was having was due to forgetting to hit generate on ROM under RT variables. So I'm not totally sure if I need them, but I might as well fix them.

Could you be more specific about ACPI and config.plist? Everything is booting and working except for this software activation/ licensing issue.

I'll fix my RC scripts. I actually did't install them at first because I wasn't sure if I needed them. But then when going through the iMessage guide I was having problems and thought I needed them, but I must not have installed them correctly. I do have a 100 series motherboard, but the problem I was having was due to forgetting to hit generate on ROM under RT variables. So I'm not totally sure if I need them, but I might as well fix them.

For ACPI patching, see guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Ok, I re did my ACPI patching cleaned up a few things on my config.plist file. I don't think I actually needed RC scripts installed because NVRAM seemed to be working better without them. Unfortunately I'm still having licensing issues with Presonus Studio One as well as a few other music related apps. My license file no longer works after a reboot. Any idea what else I might try? Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_19922.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
Ok, I re did my ACPI patching cleaned up a few things on my config.plist file. I don't think I actually needed RC scripts installed because NVRAM seemed to be working better without them. Unfortunately I'm still having licensing issues with Presonus Studio One as well as a few other music related apps. My license file no longer works after a reboot. Any idea what else I might try? Thanks.

CPU PM is not implemented.
See guide for good starter plists (they have CPU PM already implemented):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I didn't check anything else.

Ok, for power management, I was originally using an SSDT but I read that it could be done in clover for kaby lake. I guess I must not have done it right, but I think I have it now. I think the main thing was enabling plugin type under ACPI. I also read that I don't need kernel XCPM under kernel and kext patches. Is this correct?

I used config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist from the guide and copied over a few kext patches, smbios settings, and changed the nesisary graphics/ devices settings for this machine. I was having difficulty testing if Power Management was working before, but I think it is now. Intel Power Gadget seems to be working and giving me different readings based on my level of CPU usage.

I'm still having licensing issues though. Where should I check next? Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_12102.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 89
I'm not sure if this is related, but I was experimenting with using the newest version of clover. The current revision I've been using is 4270. I tried Clover_v2.4k_r4359.RM-4506.7036cf0a from the Rehabman fork using the same config.plist and DSTD/SSDT that I've been using. With the new version of Clover, everything booted up normally, but my wifi showed as no hardware connected. I replaced EFI/EFI/Boot/BOOTX64.efi with the 4270 revision version and I got my wifi back. My wifi is using brcmpatchram2.kext and brcmfirmwarerepo.kext installed to S/L/E. So no clover kexts. Its the braodcom 94352z / Dell DW1560. I'm not sure how or why this would be related to an update of BOOTX64.EFI.

I think my licensing issues are related to my MAC address though. So could this be a sign of what the problem might be? Do you want me to gather problem reporting files using the latest version of clover? Thanks.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I was experimenting with using the newest version of clover. The current revision I've been using is 4270. I tried Clover_v2.4k_r4359.RM-4506.7036cf0a from the Rehabman fork using the same config.plist and DSTD/SSDT that I've been using. With the new version of Clover, everything booted up normally, but my wifi showed as no hardware connected. I replaced EFI/EFI/Boot/BOOTX64.efi with the 4270 revision version and I got my wifi back. My wifi is using brcmpatchram2.kext and brcmfirmwarerepo.kext installed to S/L/E. So no clover kexts. Its the braodcom 94352z / Dell DW1560. I'm not sure how or why this would be related to an update of BOOTX64.EFI.

I think my licensing issues are related to my MAC address though. So could this be a sign of what the problem might be? Do you want me to gather problem reporting files using the latest version of clover? Thanks.

Your WiFi patch is wrong.
Name=AirPortBrcm4360 is wrong.
Mus be: com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360

Ok, that fixed my WiFi for the newest version of clover, but I'm still having that issue with licensing. I activate the license for Presonus Studio One, it works fine, I can close and re open it with no issue. Then I reboot and it says it is not activated on this computer and I need to activate it again. I have a Desktop Hackintosh running OS X 10.11.6 with Clover and no issues.

So I'm now running the latest version of Clover and my WiFi patch is fixed. That narrows it down a little more I guess. I'm not sure what else to try. Thanks for your help though!

Attachments

• debug_32654.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
Ok, that fixed my WiFi for the newest version of clover, but I'm still having that issue with licensing. I activate the license for Presonus Studio One, it works fine, I can close and re open it with no issue. Then I reboot and it says it is not activated on this computer and I need to activate it again. I have a Desktop Hackintosh running OS X 10.11.6 with Clover and no issues.

So I'm now running the latest version of Clover and my WiFi patch is fixed. That narrows it down a little more I guess. I'm not sure what else to try. Thanks for your help though!

You brightness implementation is wrong. AddPNLF should not be used with SSDT-PNLF.aml. Remove config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddPNLF.

Also, as per Clover laptop guide, config.plist/.../ForceKextsToLoad is only for pre-install. Should be removed for post-install.

You might need to insure a unique serial. I usually change C0* to G0* as there are no MacBookPros made in the US (G0 is for US manufacture).

Other than that, you may need to determine exactly what the software you're using is looking for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back