Contribute
Register

Yoga 720 try out High Sierra (issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works!! :) Thank you so much RehabMan! I really appreciate it.

I had \System\Library\Extensions\IONetworkingFamily.kext under ForceKextsToLoad under Kernel and Kext Patches, and I think that was the cause. I had tried removing it before with no results, and when I moved to a new config.plist I didn't remove it. But my fcvo patch for wifi on airportbrcm4360 was named wrong also, and that's why I don't think removing my ForceKextsToLoad worked the first time.

This was a really confusing problem to solve because Studio One tech support told me it had to do with my MAC address, which looked fine on every reboot under system information and elsewhere. And everything else about my MAC address and networking appeared to be working correctly.

Anyone else with licensing / software activation issues, make sure to double check everything you have relating to networking. Even if it appears to work correctly and shows up under system info.

Thanks again RehabMan!

Hi there! First for all thanks for your help!

I have a running Mac OS running in this Yoga 720.
But i still have some issues.

1. I lost sound after sleep
  2. Battery indicator freezes when boot up (it shows the real porcentage when it boots and freeze). I followed the patching instructions but all my fields are 8 bit so there is no change to make
  3. Bluetooth not working (Looking in the IORegistryExplorer it shows that it recognize it as usb device)
  4. Mic recording but terrible sound quality
All the other things are ok i think lol
Thanks!

Attachments

• 25635.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 138
Hi there! First for all thanks for your help!

I have a running Mac OS running in this Yoga 720.
But i still have some issues.

1. I lost sound after sleep
  2. Battery indicator freezes when boot up (it shows the real porcentage when it boots and freeze). I followed the patching instructions but all my fields are 8 bit so there is no change to make
  3. Bluetooth not working (Looking in the IORegistryExplorer it shows that it recognize it as usb device)
  4. Mic recording but terrible sound quality
All the other things are ok i think lol
Thanks!

1/2: See FAQ regarding CodecCommander
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

2: APFS+NVMe is a mistake. Read here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-high-sierra-update-or-fresh-install.232855/

3: See FAQ regarding BrcmPatchRAM kexts.

Hi first of all thanks for you replay.

I read that APFS its a mistake and i tried to install it again. I formatted the NVMe with gparted and im not being able to boot the OSX installation, i dont know why since im using the same pendrive with the same clover.
I am getting this Error "loading kernel cache 0xe"

Im attaching the error photo, my BIOS preferences and my clover folder. I dont know whats happening, i could install OSX in the pass several times. I searched all over the internet and tried all the solutions but nothing.

Thanks i dont know what to do, im about to sell this laptop, i have days with this problem. (I tried to update the bios but i have the last one). Also i followed all the "Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover" again with no help always getting the same error.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
  • 20180110_213551.jpg
    20180110_213551.jpg
    585 KB · Views: 190
  • 20180110_213648.jpg
    20180110_213648.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 276
  • 20180110_213654.jpg
    20180110_213654.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 267
  • 20180110_213708.jpg
    20180110_213708.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 239
Hi first of all thanks for you replay.

I read that APFS its a mistake and i tried to install it again. I formatted the NVMe with gparted and im not being able to boot the OSX installation, i dont know why since im using the same pendrive with the same clover.
I am getting this Error "loading kernel cache 0xe"

Im attaching the error photo, my BIOS preferences and my clover folder. I dont know whats happening, i could install OSX in the pass several times. I searched all over the internet and tried all the solutions but nothing.

Thanks i dont know what to do, im about to sell this laptop, i have days with this problem. (I tried to update the bios but i have the last one). Also i followed all the "Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover" again with no help always getting the same error.

As per guide, you should try OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in the case OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi fails.

As per guide, you should try OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in the case OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi fails.
Yes i already tried that and i am getting the exact same error. No matter what i change always the same error.

Do you know what could it be?

I already uploaded every thing i could get in the previous post @RehabMan

Here is my Clover folder with that file, still getting the same error. Tried the same pendrive in other PC and it works (with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi). Tried all usbs in the laptop. Tried changing all types of configs in BIOS. Always the same result.

I forgot to mention that i was booted into the installer, installed OSX then i forgot to convert the disk to GPT. I formatted the disk, and when i tried to boot again into the installer it no longer worked anymore

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back