Contribute
Register

Yoga 720 try out High Sierra (issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same described in the post #55,
The installer crashes when its about to finish when saying "a minute remaining". I think it crashes i dont know because it suddenly turn off, and when i start the computer it only appear the usb volume in clover

It sounds like you are describing the normal installation process.
The install is multi-stage. You must boot to the USB installer multiple times.

I've been having some software licensing issues. Particularly with Presonus Studio One. Their licensing has to do with the MAC Address. When I open the application in terminal, I get "
### Warning: GetMACAddress returned 0x00000005 ". My real MAC Address shows up though using networksetup -getmacaddress en1 . GetMACAddress doesn't seem to be a command in terminal, and I'm not sure how it is even getting that value.

I went through all the steps for setting imessage although I don't have an iPhone and don't use it at all. iMessage debug seemed to give me good consistent results every reboot. My ethernet card is en0, but it's on thunderbolt 3 so isn't always connected.

I'm using bcm94352z also known as DW1560 although I'm not sure that matters. But in Windows I was having issues that were resolved by unchecking "allow windows to power down device when not in use". I'm wondering if something about the bios or motherboard configuration of this computer is not liking this wifi card.

I can't seem to find any other information about this issue except a few people from 10 years ago that solved it with a custom bios. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it thanks!

I've been having some software licensing issues. Particularly with Presonus Studio One. Their licensing has to do with the MAC Address. When I open the application in terminal, I get "
### Warning: GetMACAddress returned 0x00000005 ". My real MAC Address shows up though using networksetup -getmacaddress en1 . GetMACAddress doesn't seem to be a command in terminal, and I'm not sure how it is even getting that value.

I went through all the steps for setting imessage although I don't have an iPhone and don't use it at all. iMessage debug seemed to give me good consistent results every reboot. My ethernet card is en0, but it's on thunderbolt 3 so isn't always connected.

I'm using bcm94352z also known as DW1560 although I'm not sure that matters. But in Windows I was having issues that were resolved by unchecking "allow windows to power down device when not in use". I'm wondering if something about the bios or motherboard configuration of this computer is not liking this wifi card.

I can't seem to find any other information about this issue except a few people from 10 years ago that solved it with a custom bios. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it thanks!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi,
I managed to install High Sierra, everything is working but the Touchpad/Touchscreen
I did the patch of DSDT and installed with a kext installer the VoodooI2C.kext.
But when booting it isnt working.
Im attaching the files generated with the automatic tool

Attachments

• debug_5647.zip
    2 MB · Views: 84
Hi,
I managed to install High Sierra, everything is working but the Touchpad/Touchscreen
I did the patch of DSDT and installed with a kext installer the VoodooI2C.kext.
But when booting it isnt working.
Im attaching the files generated with the automatic tool

Refer to the I2C thread linked from the FAQ.

Here are the problem reporting files. I included iMessage debug output as well, not sure if that is needed.

You have no Ethernet or WiFi at 'en0'.
Must have built-in Ethernet or WiFi at 'en0'.
Since you have built-in WiFi, reset your network interfaces and add WiFi first so it is assigned to 'en0'.

You have no Ethernet or WiFi at 'en0'.
Must have built-in Ethernet or WiFi at 'en0'.
Since you have built-in WiFi, reset your network interfaces and add WiFi first so it is assigned to 'en0'.
I do have ethernet, but it's through thunderbolt and isn't always connected. I thought ethernet was supposed to be set to en0 and wifi to en1. If ethernet is set to en1 and wifi to en0, will the app store/ iTunes still work?

Thanks!

I do have ethernet, but it's through thunderbolt and isn't always connected.

Your ioreg shows no Ethernet.
Must also be built-in. Externally connected Ethernet controllers (USB/TB/etc) cannot be made built-in.

I thought ethernet was supposed to be set to en0 and wifi to en1. If ethernet is set to en1 and wifi to en0, will the app store/ iTunes still work?

Must be built-in Ethernet OR WiFi at en0 (there are Macs with no Ethernet).
As I wrote previously, make your built-in WiFi en0.

Ok, I have my wifi at en0 now. I'm no longer getting that "getmacaddress returns 0x00000005" error. But I'm still having the same problem with Presonus Studio One losing the license after every reboot. This is what terminal shows when trying to open Studio One:
Last login: Fri Dec 22 22:20:14 on console

MacBook-Pro:~ geeztownhbook$ /Applications/Studio\ One\ 3.app/Contents/MacOS/studioapp ; exit;

studioapp(581,0x7fffdf7a83c0) malloc: *** error for object 0x102f63ad8: pointer being freed was not allocated

*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

Abort trap: 6

logout

problem reporting files attached using the script that I just noticed to get them all.

Attachments

• debug_24209.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back