Contribute
Register

Yoga 2 11.6in Laptop Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Full QE/CI due to FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086 and FakePCIID.kext. Just as expected.

Next task... internal display.

Note: Boot without caches + rebuild cache is often necessary as system configuration changes (Inject/Intel=true).

I'll follow your old instructions for fixing that, but is there a way to transfer clover to the SSD?

I'll follow your old instructions for fixing that, but is there a way to transfer clover to the SSD?

You're not booting from HDD yet?

Install Clover the same way you did on USB, but install target is your system volume.

You're not booting from HDD yet?

Install Clover the same way you did on USB, but install target is your system volume.

Alright I got it going, just had to copy the EFI from the USB over. None of the options you gave me are helping getting my to work sadly.

Alright I got it going, just had to copy the EFI from the USB over. None of the options you gave me are helping getting my to work sadly.

Still no report on how the panel is connected according to the Intel graphics app in Windows...

Still no report on how the panel is connected according to the Intel graphics app in Windows...

I don't exactly have any way to boot windows right now without deleting the OS off my SSD. The only other way would be to take the SSD from my desktop with Windows 10 and try

I don't exactly have any way to boot windows right now without deleting the OS off my SSD. The only other way would be to take the SSD from my desktop with Windows 10 and try

Clover supports dual-boot to Windows and OS X...

Can I dual boot without partitioning the SSD or can I partition without formatting?

You'll need to add a partition. You can do so in the Windows installer, provided you make space for it prior (in Disk Utility). Formatting is something you do after you create a partition.

You'll need to add a partition. You can do so in the Windows installer, provided you make space for it prior (in Disk Utility). Formatting is something you do after you create a partition.

I'm kinda stuck right now. Lenovo boot manager is annoying won't get deleted and it blocks the SSD from being able to boot straight to clover on it. I can't find a work around so I have to keep using the USB in the mean time. On top of that I can't find anyway to install windows 7-10 on my PC since I don't have a CD drive or any available flash drives.

I'm kinda stuck right now. Lenovo boot manager is annoying won't get deleted and it blocks the SSD from being able to boot straight to clover on it. I can't find a work around so I have to keep using the USB in the mean time. On top of that I can't find anyway to install windows 7-10 on my PC since I don't have a CD drive or any available flash drives.

Did you re-partition your drive when you started, or did you leave Windows and all the Lenovo junk on it?

Did you install Clover to your HDD EFI partition?

You can modify the UEFI boot entries (and order) with 'efibootmgr' in Linux. It is a bit difficult to get the syntax, but it does work.

I wrote about it here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...e-hp-laptops-clover-uefi-425.html#post1079137

You do not need a CD/DVD drive to install Windows... but you do need a USB flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back