Contribute
Register

XPS 9700 audio - Comet Lake PCH cAVS, any chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@thewhoareyou

Funny, I'm working on a repo too rn, :D. Mine is private still, but I'm going to release it soo. I'm patching the brightness keys right now, and as this thread shows I'm also working on audio. But right now, I'm dead stuck, but I still try to research further every day.

Seems like the Realtek Codecs are on the Intel SoundWire-Bus, and I don't know how to reach them. I don't know whether or not this is some very modern sh**, or if it's default stuff and I just didn't ever think about it. Would help very much to have a person with a working audio 9500 10th gen, who could provide further infos.

// Edit: BTW, what do you mean with better battery? Better duration or better support? Mine works pretty good.

@atrslb

Not yet, but I'm not giving up! :)
Any progress on dumping the codec/getting this to work? How'd you get the audio working on Ubuntu?

Seems nobody add skils to make audio work on this beast...I have searched for "how to" browsing everywhere, but nothing!!! Unfortunately :(

Seems nobody add skils to make audio work on this beast...I have searched for "how to" browsing everywhere, but nothing!!! Unfortunately :(
Have you tried looking at this guide? It seems they use a SSDT specifically for the ALC294 card...

I was hoping the Linux community will get it working but no luck so far. HDMI sound works though.

Since I have an external monitor and my Fireface connected anyways no I have real need for it.

Have you tried looking at this guide? It seems they use a SSDT specifically for the ALC294 card...
@Middleman, I'm looking a solution for the Dell Xps 17 9700 audio, as show in the topic...not for Asus, anyway thank you for pointing me, though.

I was hoping the Linux community will get it working but no luck so far. HDMI sound works though.

Since I have an external monitor and my Fireface connected anyways no I have real need for it.
Lets see, but i don't have many hopes on this!

@Middleman, I'm looking a solution for the Dell Xps 17 9700 audio, as show in the topic...not for Asus, anyway thank you for pointing me, though.
Aha, I missed it! Alright...

Since you guys are asking for help, I may have two suggestions. First is have you tried to use Clover's audio dump feature? If you press F6 at the Clover bootloader menu, it will save a copy into the Misc folder. Normally we could use something like PinConfigurator app to read the codec file to create the verbs and layout pins, but I'm not sure if it is possible here.

Secondly sound for the Dell Comet Lake HDMI. My suggestion is - have you given FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext a try? I used this for my Z490 Comet Lake build. You will need Rehabman's FakePCIID.kext also to run. It should detect the Intel HDMI audio signal if installed.

please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Just a short update,
  1. AppleALC still has no support for Dell XPS 17 9700.
  2. AppleALC 1.7.2 breaks the HDMI sound. So in case your monitor stops giving you sounds downgrade i.e. to 1.7.0.
Regards

Just a short update,
  1. AppleALC still has no support for Dell XPS 17 9700.
  2. AppleALC 1.7.2 breaks the HDMI sound. So in case your monitor stops giving you sounds downgrade i.e. to 1.7.0.
Regards

Hi there,

Have you ever tried to create your own pinouts for AppleALC? If so you'll need a copy of Pin Configurator from headkaze's github and a dump of your audio codec's ROM dump using Clover bootloader (and press F4 at boot to save it) to create the pinouts. As for how to do this, you can do some online searches.

Another thing you could also do is perhaps send a support request to acidanthera on github for support on the Dell XPS 17 9700, the opencore developers and see what they say.

If that is too much, using FakePCIID & FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext should perhaps solve your HDMI audio issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back