Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Hero VI Z87
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 780
hey, i have managed to get lion installed on my Dell xps 420. The 8800GT graphics card is working great and the onboard ethernet is working a treat. the only issue i have is i can't get the onboard audio to work :( it was all going so well up until this point.

anyone got any advice or experience with this issue?

also has anyone got ML to work on a xps 420?

Thanks in advance :)

Rudd

hey, i have managed to get lion installed on my Dell xps 420. The 8800GT graphics card is working great and the onboard ethernet is working a treat. the only issue i have is i can't get the onboard audio to work :( it was all going so well up until this point.

anyone got any advice or experience with this issue?

also has anyone got ML to work on a xps 420?

Thanks in advance :)

Rudd

Rudd999

Ok so do you know what the hardware chip or CODEX is that Dell installed on the motherboard.

Dell is notorious for not using mainstream chips w sound etc. You should find this out - if you have Windows see if it can tell you any information about that - ( read registry or Device functions) etc.

May even call Dell support for this.

Here are two links I found using GOOGLE "xps 420 sound kexts" (proves the old saying that " Seek and You Shall Find")

Now this link lists a CODEX or audio chip for a Sigmatel 9227 so need to know if this matches what you have on your Motherboard. ( this is why we need that info on the CODEX / audio chip)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/147450-xps-420-sigmatel-9227-kext/

You will see that in post #3 there is another link that has lots of information and some processes and files to solving your issues -
You may need to create an account to get the files etc,
Now the TMX86 forum can not support you in problems w this - you will need to post any issues questions etc to that site that is in the link.

Good Luck on your adventure.

PS one thing - this applies to any HACK - do use the utilities Super Duper or Carbon Copy Cloner to make a backup of the partition you are about to mess with so that you can recover.
These are great utilities and have saved me lots of time and headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back