Contribute
Register

xMove Installation Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
After booting with -v it worked fine, I installed lion but when I'm trying to boot from the newly installed Lion it's stuck at the apple logo and spinning wheel again. Here's a -v screenshot: http://db.tt/5BIc64k

EDIT: I installed lion again but this time I used a fresh install, instead of
Installing it over SL. It booted up and everything works fine, except for the sound and network.

xMove installation went flawlessly, however trying to boot the Installer partition always produces a KP at the grey booting screen.

I tried booting -v so I can see the error string, but I can not determine what is causing it.

image.jpg

I was leaning towards it being my Broadcom Airport card, but I removed it and I'm still getting the KPs.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this working please?

Never mind. I fixed it! It was my Blu Ray drive. I unplugged it and tried again! Now working fine :thumbup:

I am getting a kp when trying to boot off installer and this is my error.

Attachments

• IMG_0646.jpg
    IMG_0646.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 170
Every time I try to launch xMove it says "The installation is damaged."
Anyone else have this issue?
Tried redownloading
Tried to open via Terminal

EDIT: I had messed with /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework and it needed to be chowned to root:wheel

sanyi83 said:
I am getting a kp when trying to boot off installer and this is my error.

If I use -x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v

I can get to a white screen where I have lines going across the screen. Don't know what to do I don't even get a :beachball: :banghead:

Anyone have an idea?

EDIT: I got it installed and up, just had to replace my 6870 with my gtx 460. I don't understand that one. Ill try reinstalling my 6870 and see if it will boot.

EDIT: My XFX 6870 is causing a KP right at boot up. Anyone know why?

I have do some installation of Lion, and i have discovered: Install Lion on the SL Hard Drive is useless!

Try this!

1- Burn Lion.dmg on a DVD.
2- Create a partition of 8GB
3- Launch xMove with Lion DVD insert!
4- Select the partition of 8GB destination
5- Reboot and run in the partition of 8GB
6- Complete the installation of Lion (select the SL partition destination)
7- Reboot, run on SL partition, launch MultiBeast and select: EasyBeast, SystemUtility and reboot.
8- Finished!

I have used this method and worked perfectly!

Hey Sanyi, I'm running an XFX 6870 and get the same KP as you. Maybe the XFX isn't 10.7 friendly?

Lion Partion Boot error

I tried Tony's method on my i7 930/ Gigabyte (sytem #2) and this also does not work. Once Lion was downloaded to my first computer I tried xMove to a mac formatted USB drive "installer" (8GB) and tried to run the "installer" drive from chamelon. No dice.

Here is my error

LionSequence1_1.jpg

ideas? suggestions?

Use the latest Chimera 1.4.1 :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back