Contribute
Register

xMove Installation Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having similar problems after success with downloading and installing Lion and using XMove. Getting stuck when loading Installer partition. Tried running MultiBeast and selecting PCIRootUID fix and System Utilities for repairing cache and permissions. Rebooted and tried to load Installer with -v. The system stalls at PCI configuration. I tried booting installer with PCIRootUID=1 with no luck. When loading Installer system stuck at Apple logo apparently unable to configure PCI.

Any ideas for a fix? :banghead:

raven said:
Lion installation was flawless with xMove on my gigabyte board.
followed Tony's instructions to the letter.
for those needing to know whats going on with the installation.
aside from the progress bar and HDD light
you can always open the installers installation log window.
i used the same xMove methodology to install Lion on my laptop.
and i have to tweak it a little bit by adding my extra folder (from my working 10.6.8) into the 8GB Installer partition.
and then in the same Installer partition, in S/L/E i have to rollback a few kexts:
AppleACPIPlatform.kext --> 10.6.7
IOPCIFamily.kext --> 10.6.7
without these rollbacks installation would literally freeze.
post installation i have to remove AppleHDA.kext and rollback IO80211Family.kext --> 10.6.7 for sound and wifi.

i had to go thru more than a dozen of installs to find one that works.
hope this helps.

Darknesss Fury said:
I have do some installation of Lion, and i have discovered: Install Lion on the SL Hard Drive is useless!

Try this!

1- Burn Lion.dmg on a DVD.
2- Create a partition of 8GB
3- Launch xMove with Lion DVD insert!
4- Select the partition of 8GB destination
5- Reboot and run in the partition of 8GB
6- Complete the installation of Lion (select the SL partition destination)
7- Reboot, run on SL partition, launch MultiBeast and select: EasyBeast, SystemUtility and reboot.
8- Finished!

I have used this method and worked perfectly!

This worked for me. I tried several times to follow the official directions exactly but xMove always failed. I then tried with InstallESD.dmg mounted, then with BaseSystem.dmg, none of which worked.

Finally, I burned InstallESD.dmg to a DVD, and it finally worked.

Once I got through the xMove mess, the rest was simple. I didn't even need to run Multibeast. I am, however, having one issue: The mousewheel on my Microsoft Laser mouse is now reversed! What an odd effect! I tried installing the latest Intellipoint drivers to no avail.

I guess I can try running Multibeast just in case.

Anyone experience issues with the mousewheel? It's not a huge deal. I'm already adapting, but I know it will screw me up when I switch back to a "normal" mousewheel.

Update:

MultiBeast seemed to improve performance (which was already quite high), although booting is slow, as has been mentioned previously. More than willing to wait for MB 4.0 to fix that, as I rarely restart anyways. Native graphics acceleration is excellent using only my DSDT (and a mere GeForce 210), much better than Snow Leopard.

Reverse Scrolling is not an issue with my specific setup (or yours). It was introduced in Lion, and already people are annoyed: http://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...o-reverse-how-you-scroll-and-we-dont-like-it/

Thanks to Tony and the community for all the help!

People having problems with booting into Installer partition. Make sure your Installer partition is little bit over 8GB. 8.25GB may be a good option.

Most of issues with booting into Installer partition are due to Kernel Panics. In this scenarios you will need to run multi beast to install additional kexts in your Installer partition.

Once you have run Xmove there is not much space left in Installer partition to install additional kexts.

In my case installing NullCPUPowerManagement and FakeSMC kexts using multi beast helped me boot from Installer Partition..

Good Luck

relvvy said:
Reverse Scrolling is not an issue with my specific setup (or yours). It was introduced in Lion, and already people are annoyed: http://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...o-reverse-how-you-scroll-and-we-dont-like-it/

Good it's easy to switch back to the old behavior in System Preferences > Mouse then. :)

”Move content in the direction of finger movement when scrolling or navigating” is the setting's name.

When I think about it, it makes much more sense for it to behave in this way. But of course it takes a little time to get used to depending on who you are and how stubborn you are. :)

star-affinity said:
relvvy said:

Good it's easy to switch back to the old behavior in System Preferences > Mouse then. :)

”Move content in the direction of finger movement when scrolling or navigating” is the setting's name.

When I think about it, it makes much more sense for it to behave in this way. But of course it takes a little time to get used to depending on who you are and how stubborn you are. :)

They've made it behave like the touchscreen iDevices, to be totally specific. It makes sense for some but probably not at all for us who dual-boot...

Re: xMove Installation Support - Black screen workaround

I use a quadra 4600 on a supermicro server board.

Anyway tried with this card... Black screen
Tried with 8600gt... Instant reboot

Tried both cards with -x... Instant reboot

I was finally able to get it to work by removing NV* from the installation drives extensions folder, this way it doesn't even attempt to load an nvidia kext, instead giving VESA.

27 minutes remaining

Gold master btw

All working now with full graphics support 10.7.2 11c35

qzplx said:
Hi,

How to run xmove with lion dmg files ?

What i do is;

Mount the lion dmg, and ru. The lion apps, and the installer came out
Reboot, to snow and run xmove, keep failing,

I can see the files mac osx install data on my snow...

Mount the lion dmg, and run xmove, success!!!!!!!
Boot use chimera and boot to installer, SUCCESS!!!!

When install start to begin, i cant install it, there an error, mention osx cannot be installed....

Any idea????
Because xMove uses the retail Lion App or retail Lion USB.
If you bought the app and choose the app install in the xMove 1.1 then you should have no issues with install, I do not know why you are trying to use the Lion.dmg file.

I don't get to choose to install xMove on the Installer partition, it just skips that step in the install process. Have tried to make the partition different sizes up to 15gb. Tried rebooting after making the partition. Any suggestions?

And please excuse my english, as it isn't my first language.

EDIT: Solved with help from viewtopic.php?f=169&t=32989

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back