Contribute
Register

xMove Installation Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I read through the whole list and I seem to have something different altogether. I went through the following steps:
1) Download Lion from app store
2) Run the installer on my Snow Leopard disk (note: I can see a folder titled, "Mac OS X Install Data" on my Snow Leopard drive)
3) Reboot - come up to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 as normal
4) Create 8GB (mine is actually 10GB) partition for installer
5) Run xMove, select "Retail App Store Install", hit "Continue", change install drive to my new 10GB partition, hit continue ...

At this point it takes me back to the "Retail App Store Install" choice screen. If I select App Store Install again and hit continue I get a never-ending ferris wheel and my hard drive goes into a constant read/write state, but it's not actually writing anything (I let it run like that for about 20 min, but nothing was ever written to the Installer partition.) I force closed the window and it doesn't seem to have hurt anything - I can still boot normally into 10.6.8.

EDIT: Nevermind. With Snow Leopard I was able to download Lion from the app store and use Unibeast negating the above issue.

Re: xMove + MultiBeast: Install OS X 10.7 Lion

bstronga said:
For anyone who has xMove problems. Mount InstallESD.dmg which is in Install Lion.app.
Should work after that :D

Can I just use the InstallESD.dmg to Make the USB?
I dont wanna download the whole thing again...

Re: xMove + MultiBeast: Install OS X 10.7 Lion

dhruvit23 said:
bstronga said:
For anyone who has xMove problems. Mount InstallESD.dmg which is in Install Lion.app.
Should work after that :D

Can I just use the InstallESD.dmg to Make the USB?
I dont wanna download the whole thing again...

Yes you can as I did last night just do as he says!

After booting to installer partition with -v switch i see many lines written and after 3-4 minutes i get a black screen and i get stuck there....
Please if anyone can help?????

Hello,
everytime xMove fails and says " The installation failed. "

Feb 26 00:44:40 Givi-Gelashvilis-MacBook-Pro installd[425]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Feb 26 00:44:43 Givi-Gelashvilis-MacBook-Pro installd[425]: PackageKit: Install Failed: PKG: pre-install scripts for "com.tonymacx86.xmove.multi.pkg"\nError Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 UserInfo=0x103900d70 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “xMove”." {\n NSFilePath = "./preinstall";\n NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cxMove\U201d.";\n NSURL = "#multi.pkg -- file://localhost/Users/skinheadFX/Downloads/xMove.pkg";\n PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.tonymacx86.xmove.multi.pkg";\n}
Feb 26 00:44:43 Givi-Gelashvilis-MacBook-Pro Installer[419]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Feb 26 00:44:43 Givi-Gelashvilis-MacBook-Pro Installer[419]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Feb 26 00:44:43 Givi-Gelashvilis-MacBook-Pro Installer[419]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

any solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back