Motherboard
HP 250 G5 (81EF) Clover UEFI
CPU
i3 5005u
Graphics
HD 5500 (1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Today, Xiaomi announced its competitor to the MacBook Pro, the Mi Notebook Pro. It features 8th gen (Coffee Lake) CPUs, 8/16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, GeForce MX150 graphics (I hope not optimus), 1080p display, two USB A ports, two USB C ports, one HDMI, SD card slot and...headphone jack! What do you think of it? It would be great if someone manages to run macOS once it supports Coffee Lake (I'm pretty sure you can spoof the IGPU as Kaby Lake though).

Attachments

• DSCF5553.0.jpg
    DSCF5553.0.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 2,429
  • mi-notebook-pro.jpg
    mi-notebook-pro.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 1,995
  • Xiaomi-Mi-Notebook-Pro4-640x320.jpg
    Xiaomi-Mi-Notebook-Pro4-640x320.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,384
Today, Xiaomi announced its competitor to the MacBook Pro, the Mi Notebook Pro. It features 8th gen (Coffee Lake) CPUs, 8/16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, GeForce MX150 graphics (I hope not optimus), 1080p display, two USB A ports, two USB C ports, one HDMI, SD card slot and...headphone jack! What do you think of it? It would be great if someone manages to run macOS once it supports Coffee Lake (I'm pretty sure you can spoof the IGPU as Kaby Lake though).

Soldered WiFi? Or replaceable?

Soldered WiFi? Or replaceable?
Not known yet. I was wondering the same thing. I think the Mi Air has soldered WiFi but also has a free m.2 slot.

Not known yet. I was wondering the same thing. I think the Mi Air has soldered WiFi but also has a free m.2 slot.

IMHO, any laptop without replaceable WiFi is a no-go.

If this thing has a Dedicated Nvidia GPU (non Optimus) & Replacable WiFi i might change my mind and pick one of these instead of Lenovo X1 Carbon (Kaby Lake) due to that dedicated nvidia GPU / New CPU Gen and maybe design(even though i love the x1 design too).

This is my dream laptop for hackintosh which I've been waiting for while! I'll be so sad if it has no replaceable wifi!!!

Last edited:
that thing would be really great if it had a better display. unfortunately only 1920x1080 on 15.6inch :/

Woho, finnaly xiaomi notebook pro is avariable... How can we know if the wifi card is soldered? We need to wait ?
There Can be other problems (maybe 8th gen CPU)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back