Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Totally got one of these cards. Just waiting on some extra stuff for my computer, new fans and thermal paste, before I install it.

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 3.15.24 AM.png

Reviews are not good...too good to be true.
Some of those off brand GPUs from China are fake too. They use a chip from a lower end AMD card and modify the VBIOS to make it appear to be an RX580.

This Amazon review implies that it might actually be a 570.
This is the crappy version of the 580 with 2048 stream processors. It's closer to an RX570. It was almost a good deal at 90 dollars, if it were new.

The listing has the 2048 stream processors hidden in the mumbo jumbo of engrish and insane marketing verbage. (the box even lists them incorrectly as Cuda cores, this card IS NOT compatible with CUDA)

As of Dec. 4th its now the card is selling for 149.99. A quick look at the descriptions and reviews don’t mention anything about it being refurbished. Its basically the same price as the PowerColor Red Devil from Newegg the card I was originally planning on buying. A new name brand card, at 139.99 plus a BestBuy is in my area so no shipping fees, solid buy for my situation.

Kinda off topic but this is gonna replace my old GTX 660 Ti that exploded mid 2020. Been running with onboard Intel HD Graphics 4000 for almost 3 years now, its been rough. My system is from the old Slugnets Video editor.

gtx660ti.png

RIP Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti, 2012-2020. You can see the scorch marks on the right hand side. A couple of burned out capacitors fell out when I removed the card. I was so grateful that my computer was still able to booted up after.

This worked for me out of the box in macOs Sierra but black screened when I booted from a fresh Mojave install. As long as you have Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in your EFi/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other it works.

Just happened to see this on Amazon:

Howver, the one that I bought from BestBuy is:

0CC66147-0803-4888-85E9-DA96F57CF7CA.jpeg

Makes me wonder if they are different models…

Edit: They ARE different models. The actual brand of the Amazon one is Cuifati and it is clocked slower than mine: 1386Mhz versus 1284Mhz

Got To Read The Fine Print!?!?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back