Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know where to get it, but I don't understand how to replace it on mobo? do i need some special tools?

The BIOS is a chip you can easily replace by yourself. Just check the manual... pull out, insert again, ready.

I can't install OSX ML. Would be nice if you could help me.

- 1x Xeon CPU E5-2680v2
- ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS (Loaded Optimized defaults and HDD set to AHCI)
- Internal GFX or FX3800 or GTX770
- 32 GB RAM DDR3
- 250 GB SSD Samsung EVO
- 8GB USB Stick with ML 10.8.5

Installation:
The bootstick shows up with chimera and i can enter the bootflags, but after about 1 minute seconds the screen turns black. Its not stopping at an exact value of the shown Kexts. I tried the internal grafics, a Nvidia FX3800 and a GTX770. Dunno what to try next...

Tested bootflags:
-v PCIRootUID=0 -> Black screen
-v cpus=1 -> Black screen
-v ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 dart=0 -> Black screen
-v ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 dart=0 cpus=1 -> Black screen
-v PCIRootUID=1

etc etc.

:crazy:

I can't install OSX ML. Would be nice if you could help me.

- 1x Xeon CPU E5-2680v2
- ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS (Loaded Optimized defaults and HDD set to AHCI)
- Internal GFX or FX3800 or GTX770
- 32 GB RAM DDR3
- 250 GB SSD Samsung EVO
- 8GB USB Stick with ML 10.8.5

Installation:
The bootstick shows up with chimera and i can enter the bootflags, but after about 1 minute seconds the screen turns black. Its not stopping at an exact value of the shown Kexts. I tried the internal grafics, a Nvidia FX3800 and a GTX770. Dunno what to try next...

Tested bootflags:
-v PCIRootUID=0 -> Black screen
-v cpus=1 -> Black screen
-v ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 dart=0 -> Black screen
-v ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 dart=0 cpus=1 -> Black screen
-v PCIRootUID=1

etc etc.

:crazy:

try:
Code:
-v ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 dart=0 cpus=1 USBBusFix=Yes

No... only Black screen after all kexts has been loaded. Grmpf.

Ive never had to worry about single cpu boot flags. Try combos of -v npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1/0 Graphicsenabler=yes/no

normally a combo will work, and then you can start trying to subtract one at a time. When all else failed, I was able to use UseKernelCache=No to boot. This took FOREVER but did work for me when I had major problems.

What are the steps in order to get a new Bios to work? I've been staying on 3109 and earlier among several chips, but I want to go in the later ones for potential better support for Xeon + Titan. But As far as Bios goes 3109 has been the best out so far after turning on the fast boot and disabling the x2 intel boot nic.

Hello gang, anyone gave this board a Mavericks try ?

I did try it with the my hack method but the only thing I got was a black screen... so I guess something with PCI or GPU is going wrong. Only method I was able to use with this board to make it work was Salcazar one, with the modified kexts but I got no response from him or anyone else on what was changed inside of those kexts to be able to replicate it on Mavs.

Any heads up will be greatly appreciated, take care.

a.

I'm also very curious if anyone has Maverick up on this build yet. However, i'm MORE curious to find out if our TURBO BOOST works? It would be a big day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back