Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update from windows? I dont want to install win.... ;)

Update from windows? I dont want to install win.... ;)

I understand you...

First try to install the kexts without setting up win, and see if it's working without upgrading firmware.
I think you won't have problems. If you do, then you must do the next "step"...INSTALLING WINDOWS!

Finally i bought the following components:

- E5-2680v2 10x2,8 Ghz
- Asus Z9PE-D8 WS
- GTX 770 4GB from Gigabyte
- 32GB DDR3
- 512GB SSD Samsung Evo (work)
- 256 GB SSD Samsung Evo (OSX)
- 3x 2TB WD HDD for Raid-0 (work)
- Seasonic 750W Power supply
- 3TB USB 3 HDD Seagate for Timenachine Backup
- LG Bluray / DVD burner

Do you think i can use all the attributes from your Multibeast Screenshot, or has something changed?

Zeiger is right, here are my current boot flags... my card is in the first slot, however im still running 0311 BIOS, so I cant promise it will work...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 npci=0x3000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"2560x1440x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Best
John

Thanks for this John. Just like to add that I'm on BIOS 0703 running 10.8.2, and this finally got my 2GB GTX 680 working. Already jamming out some Octane renders! Goodbye noisy Radeon.

I wish, but we will have to wait for the next gen mac pro... All of the released benchmarks show a custom build of Mavericks (If the BMs aren't fake), so that means it probably won't be implemented until a future update and likely will not be in the GM =/.

Also, The universal USB 3.0 kext works great for me

Now i am waiting for the a new flashed BIOS to get the E5-2680v2 working. Do you think there might be a problem with OSX and the v2? Cant find any equal projects.

One further question:
what kind of heatsink did you use? I have massive problems with my Thermaltake. On the Top there is a board heatsink... below i can't use the first PCIe lane because i had to mount the HS transverse (left / right the rams spreader are too high)

Hi everybody! Thankx for this thread! I've really read all 48 pages today %)
Now, I've got z9pe-d8 ws and I found place, where I can buy bios chip with 0311. But I really don't understand how I'm gonna replace it! Isn't it stick to mobo????

48 pages is quite an accomplishment haha!! Glad it helped =)

Not sure where to get an 0311 Chip though, havent needed to, as I personally havent ever updated by bios.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back