Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, did it while stressing with Cinebench. Max Multi (P State) is 25.

Yes, did it while stressing with Cinebench. Max Multi (P State) is 25.

Curiosity begs the question are you using ES/QS CPUs ... I ask this because of the amount of issues i have been having and I have just discovered my chips are ES versions ... grr!!

Martin

No, its a final Retail Version. No ES or something like this.
In Bios i Disabled Speedstep and "Report C3".
I hope this is not affecting the turbo mode.
In Windows i have full Turbo.

Have you tried disabling all auto config parts in the BIOS regarding CPU settings and setting them manually, also turning off EIST and Turbo. I know some mother boards you have to do this but I don't recall having to do so when i had my 2620v2's installed.

Martin

If i disable this in Bios, Turbo is not working in Windows any more. (And in OSX not workin too).

If i disable this in Bios, Turbo is not working in Windows any more. (And in OSX not workin too).

Then you and I are now stuck at the same place buddy. I know I had SS/Turbo working with my 2620's and if i remember rightly that was on 5703 BIOS with no hacking required ... I need to recheck though so will post an edit if it still needs unlocking

Martin

** Edit **
My post on the other thread I followed to get this board up n running only mentions that the BIOS 5703 + No longer needed to be modded but I don't say that the SS/T was working, however i do remember having it all fully working other than the audio. I never managed to get this board to be happy with Mav/Yose and I just returned to try El-Cap because I got fed up of Win10.

Turbo would be fine, but for me more important is to find a solution to use my graphics card in other slot than #5.
Hope i will find something or someone can help me.

Greets

The Mainboard would fit, but i think the GPU would be still too hot. At the moment i have 2,5cm space to the case bottom. (Tripple radial fan Cooler). If your Case would have air-inlets in the bottom it would be fine. But as far as i see, at this Position are SSD/HDD installed.

The Mainboard would fit, but i think the GPU would be still too hot. At the moment i have 2,5cm space to the case bottom. (Tripple radial fan Cooler). If your Case would have air-inlets in the bottom it would be fine. But as far as i see, at this Position are SSD/HDD installed.

Max GFX card size is 32cm or approximately 13 inch

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back