Contribute
Register

Xeon Asus Z10PE-D16 WS Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my God! does this mean if I have also an real E5 2650 v3 which I originally got off newegg, just don't have a chance that it will work on Z10PE-D16 WS?

Could you tell me about my piece of iron: 2011-3 or 2011 ver3? ...is bad or good..?

Last edited:
That "SR1YA" came up with the V3 chip. Not sure if v4 of that CPU had different identifier. Does your documentation say if it is supposed to be a v3 or v4?

The socket type is 2011-3
The CPU type should not be v3, As in "Intel E5-2650 v3". Your documentation, if any would state this. And if not, maybe you can return it before opening the box?

Unfortunately I don't have documentation, but I see all info about it in Windows 10 using AIDA64 (EVEREST)
and the program tells me that I have Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2650 v3 , 2.30 GHz, 10-Core, Threads 20

Last edited:
My only advice would be look up what the physical/firmware differences there were between the v3 and v4. You get something automatically or easily in v4, but that is not to say that if you address the issue v3 presents, it can work. I think others have gotten v3 xeons to work, just not sure if they were 2011-3 v3 xeons or something else... something else to mcGoogle for ya.

I think others have gotten v3 xeons to work, just not sure if they were 2011-3 v3 xeons or something else... something else to mcGoogle for ya.

where did you see it, on insanelymac_forum or...? and could I ask your EFI folder for trying? thx in advance

@gilly- Can you PM me your Clover config.plist for this board? Or perhaps have a DSDT you can share? Thanks.

do you mean working on hackintosh or even...? yeah on Windows they work without questions just perfectly.

I don't have that chip, so I do not know for sure. Just pointing out the specs on that particular processor. It should work fine with hackintosh too, but I cannot confirm as I do not have that chip. I am using 2x E5 2683 v3 processors (SR1XH) and these work in this motherboard (i'm using the latest 3304 BIOS).

Well, all the parts came in and I slapped it together with one CPU to start off with and the GTX780 as my graphics default.
Lo and behold, I can get to the Clover installer screen. When I tell it to Boot Mac OS X from USB, I get the apple logo over black screen and the progress bar just appears...... THEN BEEP, system reboots.

Added some arguments from another like board, I get to the FakeSMC load, I can see the text THE KING along with the FakeSMC text, then the screen goes black and reboot. Hope this is helpful in understanding what is happening to me.

Any thoughts on what is happening at the beginning of the install at this point?

TIA!

Bill

Yes, this is exactly where I am at. When loading the from the Unibeast USB it shows the Apple logo and load bar, waits 3 seconds or so then reboots. What are the clover boot options you used to get it to boot the unibeast created USB into the Sierra installer? My specs are pretty close to yours:

ASUS Z10PE16WS mobo
2x Zeon E5 2683v3 processors
64gb RAM (32 for each CPU)
2x Noctua NH-D9 coolers
nVidia 1080ti video
Corsair Axi1500 PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back