Contribute
Register

Xeon Asus Z10PE-D16 WS Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it working (Z10PE-D16 WS) with 10.12.1 and a single CPU (E5 2690 V4), no audio, no pci tables and cpu name not recognized yet

Got it working.

Still need to fix the wifi. Im using a TPLink Archer T6e (ac1300 bgn ac)
Fix nVidia settings as well, 980ti.

I've tried one fix for the wifi, but it did not work. I need to cross reference to nail it down, but the T6 doesn't seem to pop up with the other wifi pci cards in respect to the shared chipset info. I probably am not looking in the right area. I came across some wiki pages that had the cross reference data, but I couldn't find the T6e.

Nothing worthy of sharing that others have already posted. When I finish and see if my setup is any different than others, then I will upload my EFI etc.

Both CPU's working. I haven't even gotten close to testing anything.

Day 2 point 5 .... Xeon box has been running Houdini, browser, email. Been going to sleep on its own when I watch movie in bed. 'Puter wakes each time and no apps have crashed. Audio still works from multiple wake/sleep states. So this is good news.

How's your progress? I really want to know cause I am going to build on the same motherboard too.

Goto first post..
Not sure if you had done all your shopping, but the key is the correct version of CPU. Version 3 did not work. Version 4 did.
So you would want E5-XXXX v4 Xeon processor.
Best of luck. My config file is attached to the first post of this thread.

Bill

Couple of things being looked at...

FIXED
I got the Orange Drive icons fixed.

ISSUES:
0-But I will still get a reoccurring message, "Drive Not Ejected Properly"
1-DVD drive does not eject, it is seen in hardware, but seems to not be loading in the OS or whatever evil thing it's doing. Almost like it did not get initialized or something. I believe you get a green indicator light when the system is on. No light at all. No light when you press eject. Tray does not eject. I installed the Parallels install disc in while BIOS was happening... heh heh

Another thing is I purchased Parallels for Mac, version 11.

THIS is where I'm stuck trying to see if I can do the install any other than a full reinstall.
I have a valid WIN10 setup on a separate SSD. I unplugged it while I built the Xeon Hack. Now that the Hack is running, I wanted to know what was OK or NOT.

CAN I DO THE FOLLOWING, IF NOT WHAT SHOULD I DO, BUY GOLD?!?!?
0-Unhook macOS SSD, hook up win10 SSD
1-Otherwise, do I have to reboot up the Win10 setup,
2-Then decommission the Win10 license,
3-Set hack back up (SSD basically),
4-Then reinstall win10 from scratch.

Any pointers to existing threads would be appreciated.

Sleep and wake are running just fine on the Xeon. Watch a late night movie, it puts itself to bed after it's over, nice doggie!!
Houdini is suffering some crashes upon exiting. So long as I save my project prior to quit, I'm ok.

Bill

Last edited:
Installed internal M2 drive, WD Blue 500GB.
Rehabman's fix for the drives and the story of the "why" in this thread, https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/os-x-driver-for-nvme-m-2-solid-state-drives-released.181387/

So things are looking good.
No kernel panics except the nVidia control panel "quiting" out a few minutes after each boot. Seems to affect screen refresh. At least to me it feel laggy OR it's psychosomatic.
I've installed it a couple times. I will do it again, (it's a process). Not everything is handed to you in this world!

Parallels works fine. Sadly, Quixel, a texturing software, does not play well with Parallels.
The deal is that Quixel only works on Win. But there is important path info the software relies on that either was not built for a virtual machine or some other reason.

It has also been some time since the system "half booted" and rebooted. It was happening at PCI Config, or there abouts. But it has not done it in a while. This is very good.

I would imagine OR hope, that the x99 Builders are enjoying this much compatibility since we are using the same socket. Again, if anyone has a question, I'd be glad to share. I'm slightly beyond Amateur with many things, but can at least copy **** down and follow instructions :)

Bill

Last edited:
Installed macOS update 10.12.3
Also reinstalled the new nVidia web drivers for the 980Ti.
Download the web pkg
Reboot with web injection unchecked in clover boot options
Boot with nv_disable=1
Install pkg,
Reboot.
System boots fine, then a window telling you the nVidia control or console had an error and quit.
System still seems to have accessed the drivers, since most all software behaving with the exception of Houdini, which has been quitting out or crashing when you try to exit the program. I will hold judgement until the next build for Houdini and if it continues, yet has not affected other Houdini users, well then, A WITCH!!! BURN HER!!!

Bill

I was having an issue with Gimp. It would attempt to verify and never launch. Finally did a re-install. All is good.
Getting closer to moving CS6 onto the box...

I am wondering about how things are coming out of SLEEP.
It seems that I lost audio on a web browser, but relaunch browser and it came back. So it wasn't a system thing.
Again, it seemed that the window selection and updating was really off on this one SLEEP WALKING test.

I did eventually reboot. It was not worth investigating at that point, and it could be a fluke. I've had the box running for days on end, multiple sleep wake states. Makes me think it was an anomaly. Batman out.

Still having "disc not properly ejected" happening after sleep.
Tried running "sysci's" Fix USB Sleep from the Git Hub.

curl -o ./fixUSB.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/syscl/Fix-usb-sleep/master/fixUSB.sh

While it seems that this was written to deal with laptop sleep issues, it was worth a try here.
If anyone knows of any other fixes for this, please post.

After running the .sh in terminal, I did not reboot, just tried sleep and the error was still there.
If different after reboot, I'll update the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back