Contribute
Register

XCode 8.2.1 crash when opening .SKS files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, first post here,

First of all, my hackintosh is up and running, XCode installed on it.
The only problem I've encountered is that when I create the basic project for iOS SpriteKit and try to open the SKS files, it crashes. Is it possible that XCode can know if you're using a hackintosh and blocks you from using this editor? Because the project is working just fine on my Macbook.

Let me know if this does happen to you as well,

Thanks

Ok, I've found the problem. Xcode is not loading any of the scene because the render is created by the GPU. If the GPU isn't one from the official macs, it won't work. I had to enable my iGPU and disable my eGPU to make it work.

Ok, I've found the problem. Xcode is not loading any of the scene because the render is created by the GPU. If the GPU isn't one from the official macs, it won't work. I had to enable my iGPU and disable my eGPU to make it work.
The exact same thing happened to me! I´ve got the question: how did you enable iGPU? In my BIOS setting there is only an option to use iGPU for multi monitors. I guess it should be done somewhere in Clover, but I don't know the exact guide :(

I found a solution for this issue, see my post at Stackoverflow and report back if it's working for you! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back