Contribute
Register

X99 Deluxe - i7 5930k - GeForce GTX 970 - Yosemite 10.10.1 - Will only work with nv_disable=1 flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
X99 Deluxe
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
GTX 970
ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5930k - GeForce GTX 970 - Yosemite 10.10.1 - Will only work with nv_disable=1 flag

Hi I've been lurking this forum for most of the weekend trying to get my build to work and I have only got it to work the first time. I was following along BoomR's blended solution for Yosemite on x99 boards and actually got it to work with the nvda_drv=1 flag using a combination of UniBeast for install and Clover for booting from the USB drive. This worked only once and being the rookie that I am I decided to follow BoomR's steps to setting up the whole thing using only UniBeast/MultiBeast since apparently performance would take a big hit when using the blended solution, plus I wanted to boot from the SSD drive. Long story short I've tried just about everything I can to get my build to run and no matter what I do, I can not load Yosemite unless I use the nv_disable=1 flag (Yes I have installed the NVIDIA drivers each and every time). I follow all the steps: flags + kexts, kernel, install, copy kernel, setup, multibeast (using boomR's multibeast save since he has basically the same hardware that I have), drivers, new flags... nothing works. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Right now I am using a dvi to vga connection to my monitor (its kind of an old monitor but planning on getting a new one soon) and am wondering if this might be what is causing the problem? I know its weird but I just don't know what else to look at.

It certainly does not help that I got it to work once the first time. Could it be that the first time I used the VoodooTSCSync.kext straight from SourceForge and all the following times I used the edited version for 6core CPU's?

I know this post is probably a big mess of thoughts but maybe somebody will be able to understand it all and shine some light on my problem at hand. Anticipated thanks!

For me I got it to work with full graphics support once on the 970. Then never again. I returned the 970 yesterday in favor of a 770 (which has native OS X support). I do know there was a driver update released yesterday- maybe try using that?

Also try to go into your plist files and add nvda_drv=1

Best of luck to you :)

Hey thanks, yeah, it's when I use the nvda_drv=1 flag that yosemite decides to not load and the screen looses the signal. I can only load Yosemite with the nv_disable=1 flag after install and setting everything up including the nvidia drivers.

I did not know that new drivers were released yesterday but maybe I inadvertently already tried them since I was working with this all weekend long. I'll check it out again tonight, thanks for the heads up!

Ok so I just tried to boot but this time I used the -f flag to boot along with nvda_drv=1 and npci=0x2000 flags and this time it worked! I read somewhere that this flag is for bypassing the cache, does anybody know if this is a one time deal or will I have to re-load all of the kexts on startup from here on out? Woo finally got this thing to work! :headbang:

I spoke too soon :(

It will load fine if you boot from USB UniBeast but once I run Multibeast and try to boot from my SSD it will only work if I use nv_disable=1.

nvda_drv=1 npci=0x2000 -f stops working after MultiBeast... :thumbdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back