Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Going Bald

Have you had an opportunity to look at the DSDT file for this computer? My friend just messaged me and said he's going to be getting his computer back from me tomorrow. He lives on the other side of Texas so I don't get to see him much and won't be able to help again for a long time.

If you haven't had a chance, I'll just give it back to him with the semi-working one that I've been using and just tell him to keep sleep disabled. Everything else seems to work fine I think...

Thanks again for your help.

@Going Bald

Have you had an opportunity to look at the DSDT file for this computer? My friend just messaged me and said he's going to be getting his computer back from me tomorrow. He lives on the other side of Texas so I don't get to see him much and won't be able to help again for a long time.

If you haven't had a chance, I'll just give it back to him with the semi-working one that I've been using and just tell him to keep sleep disabled. Everything else seems to work fine I think...

Thanks again for your help.
Apologies, but I have been tied up with getting my father's old house repaired - it needs a lot of TLC. Will try to get to the DSDT this weekend and post it. You can email it to your friend with directions to replace the one he is currently using and have him let you know results.

That sounds good to me. Thank you very much for your help. Good luck on the home repairs.

Thanks!

System Info shows "MacPro5,1" -- where would I change that?
MacPro5,1 either has to have ECC ram or you need to delete AppleTyMCE which I do not recommend as it justs gets replaced at the next update and you have to go through the KP because you forgot about it, then remember to delete it.
Your hardware is closest to the MacPro4,1 which is the SysDef I use on my X58A-UD7

I apologize if this has been discussed somewhere else; searching gave 0 results.

Anyways, I decided (maybe foolishly) to update my perfectly stable X58A-UDR3 v.2 10.7/Chimera install to 10.11/Clover. I used the guide described in this group, with almost complete success. I have three main issues that bother the hell out of me.

1. Sleep resets the CMOS (short sleep, long sleep, whatever). So my rig never sleeps now, which means my HDDs are pretty much spinning constantly. I have tried fixes described somewhere else, but they do not work.
2. Restart/Shut Down work only sometimes. Quite often Restart closes apps and blanks the monitors but never completes; and Shut Down quite often restarts the system.
3. Sound does not work at all. The board has an ALC889, so I tried several patched versions. Has anyone got sound working in this system?

Any help will be appreciated.

On another note: My geekbench score went down by about 40% with the upgrade. From 9250 down to 5500.

MacPro5,1 either has to have ECC ram or you need to delete AppleTyMCE which I do not recommend as it justs gets replaced at the next update and you have to go through the KP because you forgot about it, then remember to delete it.
Your hardware is closest to the MacPro4,1 which is the SysDef I use on my X58A-UD7

Under SMBIOS in Clover Configurator, I changed "Product Name" and "Board version" to "MacPro4,1".

This had no effect. Is that where I'm supposed to change it?

I would really like to get my 16GB of RAM recognized (as it shows in BIOS boot sequence) and get my audio card recognized.

Should I try the new MultiBeast 8.2.2 that was released, instead of clover configurator?

Does anyone with this mobo have audio working?

Thanks

Under SMBIOS in Clover Configurator, I changed "Product Name" and "Board version" to "MacPro4,1".

This had no effect. Is that where I'm supposed to change it?

I would really like to get my 16GB of RAM recognized (as it shows in BIOS boot sequence) and get my audio card recognized.

Should I try the new MultiBeast 8.2.2 that was released, instead of clover configurator?

Does anyone with this mobo have audio working?

Thanks

I have everything working great, and I installed it to two different hard drives just to make sure I got it right. I followed post #278, and to get Audio working I downloaded the CloverALC110 script and ran it.

Its part of Step 6 located here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...pitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/
16. (Optional) Download CloverALC110 script
17. (Optional) Browser/Click on download file
18. (Optional) Finder/Double click .command file
19. (Optional) Go through steps in Terminal to install appropriate audio choices
"For the steps I just selected Y for all of them"

Last edited:
I have everything working great, and I installed it to two different hard drives just to make sure I got it right. I followed post #278, and to get Audio working I downloaded the CloverALC110 script and ran it.

Its part of Step 6 located here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...pitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/
16. (Optional) Download CloverALC110 script
17. (Optional) Browser/Click on download file
18. (Optional) Finder/Double click .command file
19. (Optional) Go through steps in Terminal to install appropriate audio choices
"For the steps I just selected Y for all of them"

OK I followed that post, to the letter, but my system is still only showing 12GB of RAM, and still no audio.

I also ran the CloverALC110 script, but this is all it shows in Terminal:

File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0r10
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled.
NOK to patch
Add config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x3 and restart
No system files were changed

Nothing about "audio choices", no "selecting Y"...

HELP!

Last edited:
OK I followed that post, to the letter, but my system is still only showing 12GB of RAM, and still no audio.

I also ran the CloverALC110 script, but this is all it shows in Terminal:

File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0r10
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled.
NOK to patch
Add config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x3 and restart
No system files were changed

Nothing about "audio choices", no "selecting Y"...

HELP!
Edit your config.plist to change the CsrActiveConfig to 0x03 and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back