Contribute
Register

X58 and OS X El Capitan? (X58A-UD3r)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you please reply back on how you install clover? what options did you use during installation? thanks

MultiBeast, select Clover Legacy, select audio and networking kexts, 3rd party SATA, build, install

Still, no matter what I do, Clover fails to install. No one else is having this problem?

Still, no matter what I do, Clover fails to install. No one else is having this problem?

I had this problem on an HGST 500GB drive. Fixed it by booting Win10 installer, hit shift+F10 to get command prompt and used gparted to clean and convert to GPT. After that, initialized and formatted the drive in OS X Disk Utility and installed OS X again. This time Clover had no problem installing.

I had this problem on an HGST 500GB drive. Fixed it by booting Win10 installer, hit shift+F10 to get command prompt and used gparted to clean and convert to GPT. After that, initialized and formatted the drive in OS X Disk Utility and installed OS X again. This time Clover had no problem installing.

Just for clarification, do you mean diskpart? gparted is a Linux tool isn't it?

Edit:

In diskpart, I ran:

sel disk 0
clean
convert gpt

I formatted in Disk Utility in the OSX setup, and the Clover install still does the same thing.

So for future reference to anyone who downloaded the config.plist from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...management-modifications/page-76#entry2147206, you need to modify the config file in Clover Configurator. Open the config file in Clover Configurator and go to Rt Variables. There, set BooterConfig to 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig to 0x3.

In El Capitan, apparently setting kext-dev-mode=1 at boot is not enough.

Sorry, yes, I meant diskpart. (Minor brain hiccup, there)

Kext-dev-mode=1 does nothing in El Capitan since Apple changed the way signed vs non-signed kexts are handled. I posted my config.plist and DSDT for the X58A-UD7 in a thread somewhere. While the DSDT will not do you any good except for comparison, the config.plist could be used for any X58 board. Why use plist from insanely? There are not enough on this site?

Sorry, yes, I meant diskpart. (Minor brain hiccup, there)

Kext-dev-mode=1 does nothing in El Capitan since Apple changed the way signed vs non-signed kexts are handled. I posted my config.plist and DSDT for the X58A-UD7 in a thread somewhere. While the DSDT will not do you any good except for comparison, the config.plist could be used for any X58 board. Why use plist from insanely? There are not enough on this site?

I used that one because it was from a user with the same hardware as the one I'm working on and he confirmed it worked for him. That's all.

I used that one because it was from a user with the same hardware as the one I'm working on and he confirmed it worked for him. That's all.
Update profile/sig with hardware?
Hard to advise without knowing board make/model/rev, CPU, GPU info

Update profile/sig with hardware?
Hard to advise without knowing board make/model/rev, CPU, GPU info

Well this is my friend's computer, not mine, so I'd rather not put the hardware specs in my signature/profile. Also, since this thread is specifically about the X58A-UD3R board, I thought that it was assumed that's what I'm speaking about. If I was incorrect, then I apologize for the assumption.

For reference, though, the hardware is:

GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2 motherboard with FH BIOS
Intel Core i7 CPU, not sure on the exact model
ATI Radeon HD5700 video card

Not sure if anything else matters for this. Everything is working now except for sleep, including his bluetooth and wireless dongles. Does anyone have a definitive fix for sleep?

so I was able to successfully install OS X 10.11.4. But when my setup rebooted into the USB installer again after the installer app restarted the desktop, Clover cannot see the drive with OS X. any ideas on how to fix? thanks

same here, what did you do to solve the Problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back