Contribute
Register

X299 Random App Crashes and anormal CPU use (possible memory leak)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299 A
CPU
Intel i9 7900X
Graphics
AMD Saphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 590 8 GB
Hi guys,

I’m writing here as last try to fix an BIG issue that’s driving me crazy from a long time.
I’ve been making music for more than 20 years, the last 10 using Mac computers, and now I have a good Hackintosh, based on a x299 board.

The issue it’s easy to notice when I work in my audio workstation, Cubase, but it can happen with other programs, so it’s not Cubase related. The issue is shown in several ways, for instance, when I’m working with Cubase, it may start demanding a lot of CPU with no reason, or it may be a not working instance of a plugin, or a crashing project or a program crashing on exit, etc.

I’ve tried a lot of things, a lot, in every MacOs computer that I have. In my Hack, i’ve reinstalled the OS a lot of times, and EVERY single program and plugin that I use. Those are weeks of work, night and day, setting up things, making test, and so on. The result is always the same: it starts working good, but, slowly, the crashes came back and a few months after, I can’t even work.

Now I even have a completely NEW computer: every single piece has been changed for the same on. I friend bough the same computer, so he lent it to me to get every part that I may need, with no luck.

My work depends on having a proper computer working every single day and delivering my work on time, so I can’t afford having a computer behaving RANDOMLY, even worse with a client sit by my side.

To my ears, it sounds like a memory leak, but I’m not able to find what makes that happen so I hope someone could give any lead to fix this.

I have attached some crash error logs from Nuendo.

Let me know any kind of files, dumps, crash logs and everything that you think that could help.

Also I attach the latest Efi Folder that im using (with a changed SMBIOS to avoid problems)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Crash logs Nuendo.zip
    282.4 KB · Views: 71
  • EFI LAST TRY.zip
    22.9 MB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back