Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt you need return policy if buying RX 5000 series, since they make no noise with usb sound cards =)

btw, i recently removed SSDT-PLUG from my config, since it’s not mandatory on all mobos, and i’ve been running it a couple of days now, with som A/B tests, and have not noticed any difference.

one SSDT less =)

I will edit this post if i run into some issues :)
I learned to not take anything for granted in hackintoshing... Granted :)

i bought a refurb x299x designare 10G
i just have 2 corsair DDR4 2666 mhz
i try the memory slot but the 2 slot in red are not working even i plug 1 stick

i also wonder know if i still need to flash the thunderbolt to able to make it work?

Read your manual for you, here you go:
Put them in green marks

Attachments

• CB8EB1EE-F079-4F3E-8751-0323183BE68C.jpeg
    CB8EB1EE-F079-4F3E-8751-0323183BE68C.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 41
do you mind if you can check my efi ?

got some personal stuff so not before next week i’m afraid.

That'll do very nicely - thanks.

The Sage WS 10G X299 arrived from the USA.
One bent pin, probably why it was originally returned to Amazon and was sold through a used warehouse offer.
Bent the pin back, see pics and it booted straight away, so I got lucky.
Based the EFI on @izo1's so many thanks for saving me a lot of time and for advising on the Amazon offer in the first place.
All the stuff that didn't work on the EVGA X299 is solved, straight away I was able to update to 11.2.1.
Still to fix Ethernet 10G X550 - will get to that when I have some free time.

View attachment 509967View attachment 509968

Ouch sorry you had to deal with the bent pin, and too bad you pretty much couldn't return it since you're not in the U.S.

And glad you fixed it, I have fixed some pins myself in the past with some care.

Either way your problems are in the past hopefully and you can enjoy your new system :headbang:

Does anyone here own a Gigabyte Designare EX x299 and has the USBs mapped by any chance ?

Ouch sorry you had to deal with the bent pin, and too bad you pretty much couldn't return it since you're not in the U.S.

And glad you fixed it, I have fixed some pins myself in the past with some care.

Either way your problems are in the past hopefully and you can enjoy your new system :headbang:

Yes - always a risk getting something so cheap but well worth it - Really loving this board!

To temporarily get around the lack of an internal USB2 header for BT I soldered up a USB male and marked the USB port HS6 255 'internal' and added the network adapters to config plist under device properties as built in. Using a 1Gb Intel card for ethernet till I sort out the 10G port.

The only other issues are the way that Apple reports the memory section. I'm using 4 x 8Gb 3600. See screenshots. ....And that pesky Intel Power Gadget not reporting the power draw properly. Strange because when I had the board on the test bench IPG worked fine. very strange. Using my own EFI (065) - yours is a better EFI (all device properties mapped / 067) and I may revert to using that one long term.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot 2021-02-21 at 11.12.25.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-21 at 11.12.25.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot 2021-02-21 at 11.13.39.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-21 at 11.13.39.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 32
Does anyone here own a Gigabyte Designare EX x299 and has the USBs mapped by any chance ?
Lots or resources available if you Google "Gigabyte Designare EX x299 port map kext" or go to Page 141 of this thread for more information.
Always worth the time to do this yourself, but I'm sure there will be a usbport.kext out there if you look.

Yes - always a risk getting something so cheap but well worth it - Really loving this board!

To temporarily get around the lack of an internal USB2 header for BT I soldered up a USB male and marked the USB port HS6 255 'internal' and added the network adapters to config plist under device properties as built in. Using a 1Gb Intel card for ethernet till I sort out the 10G port.

The only other issues are the way that Apple reports the memory section. I'm using 4 x 8Gb 3600. See screenshots. ....And that pesky Intel Power Gadget not reporting the power draw properly. Strange because when I had the board on the test bench IPG worked fine. very strange. Using my own EFI (065) - yours is a better EFI (all device properties mapped / 067) and I may revert to using that one long term.

You can map out ’custom memory’ to sort that warning out, refer to dortanias guide.

Or simply using restrictevents.kext to get rid of the warning

You can map out ’custom memory’ to sort that warning out, refer to dortanias guide.

Or simply using restrictevents.kext to get rid of the warning
Thanks.
I am using restrict events, (ref my efi I posted earlier.) but will certainly check to see where I went wrong with the memory map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back