Contribute
Register

x270 catalina - time for optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you update the values in the config?

Install Mojave first.

The link above did not work so I checked GitHub and found this great X270 Opencore Catalina 10.15.7 guide:

Absolutely perfect. Smooth Catalina fresh install and everything works.

update to OC done, creation of USB mac OS Big Sur done, normal update to mac OS Big Sur done.

Crazy how the documentation of OC is clear and complete

update to OC done, creation of USB mac OS Big Sur done, normal update to mac OS Big Sur done.

Crazy how the documentation of OC is clear and complete

Is everything working on Big Sur?

Yes and so easy. I downloaded Big Sur from the Mac App Store. Created the USB installer using a single Terminal command. Dropped the EFI from post#133 on it. Done. Sidecar and Airdrop work.

ps. as always, make the downloaded EFI your own by adding SMBIOS. Also I set language to US.

Testing ongoing. But at the moment (DSDT to be repatched from fresh for LEDs blink, battery and fn keys, not more) and
- trackpad OK (with latest voodooPS2...
- battery
- fn_keys
- messages, airdrop, ...
- sound,..

Currently I do not see issues expected I do not boot into windows at the moment :)

Testing ongoing. But at the moment (DSDT to be repatched from fresh for LEDs blink, battery and fn keys, not more) and
- trackpad OK (with latest voodooPS2...
- battery
- fn_keys
- messages, airdrop, ...
- sound,..

Currently I do not see issues expected I do not boot into windows at the moment :)
Alway looking forward to an improved OC EFI for our X270's!

Alway looking forward to an improved OC EFI for our X270's!
quite good at the moment. For the issue with booting to windows, I think it is due to the modification of the EC into the DSDT (for battery & LEDs blink).

DSDT has to be avoided, SSDT needed instead.
There is a method which consists to compare the DSDT without patch with the one patched. It is a big job. I will do it if no avaialble the x390, will get this one next week.

Last edited:
Opencore Catalina installed successfully in my X270.

Brightness, Fn Keys not working. cannot adjust the brightness, does anyone know how to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back