Contribute
Register

WWDC 2023 Announced for June 5-9

And a political showcase— Made in USA.

There's no doubt in my mind that "Made in USA" contributed greatly to its price.

It's funny a lot of talk of the Mac Pro. I've owned them and built hacks as alternatives. Over time the only thing I put in them was storage and cooling for the hacks. As of now, I struggle to think of why I'd buy one (Mac Pro), and what I'd put in it I can't already BTO with a Mac Studio.

It's funny a lot of talk of the Mac Pro. I've owned them and built hacks as alternatives. Over time the only thing I put in them was storage and cooling for the hacks. As of now, I struggle to think of why I'd buy one (Mac Pro), and what I'd put in it I can't already BTO with a Mac Studio.

I'm not gonna lie... I do wish that there were room for one or two SATA drives for storage on my Mac Studio... External USB drives/enclosures never seem as stable for me.

And a political showcase— Made in USA.
As long as the SoC, as well as the chips in 99% in the remaining Macs, iPads, iPhones and non-Apple computers and phones are etched by TMSC "outside of the USA", the Republic of China holds a very valid life insurance.
This is the most relevant political situation.

With the lowest expectation for the future of my Hackintosh, I won’t be disappointed at all.
All hail the great power of pessimism! :thumbup:

As long as the SoC, as well as the chips in 99% in the remaining Macs, iPads, iPhones and non-Apple computers and phones are etched by TMSC "outside of the USA", the Republic of China holds a very valid life insurance.
This is the most relevant political situation.

I thought I read that TMSC were building a fab in Texas? Apple has already moved some assembly work out of the country.

I thought I read that TMSC were building a fab in Texas? Apple has already moved some assembly work out of the country.

Yes, but I don't think it's running yet. I think it's still being built out. I think TSMC manufacturing is still mostly done in Taiwan.

Yes, but I don't think it's running yet. I think it's still being built out. I think TSMC manufacturing is still mostly done in Taiwan.

Doesn't it all seem like the world is getting smaller ? I remember ordering an iMac with extra memory, etc., direct from Apple, and, when I checked the tracking, it was coming from Singapore. My carbon credentials got seriously blown!!!

You'd think the idea of an ARM CPU was simpler fab with better yields, yet Apple goes and tacks extra stuff on !! :)

Last edited:
yes some 3d apps work but never get the maximum, mainly GPU rendering, much faster and better quality, for example can you render with Ptath Trecer in Twinmotion? it's not possible on mac, and it makes all the difference in the final render.
No Mac cannot and maybe I am not on your level. However, the client buying the 8-10 million dollar homes I design are blown away by the renderings and being able to walk threw their house before we even get permits, and I can do this quite efficiently from this M2 Mac book pro and the product is no different then if I created it on a windows laptop. Now do not get me wrong the server hosting the walk threw likely is ran on some Nvidia server farm and I am ok with that. Because at the end of the day, my exposer to windows is very limited. :)

Back