Contribute
Register

Wrong Volume Hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.
​Wow..sorry for being so dumb.. but where do I mark it as solved..

I have never used it. So I may be dumber :DMay be by editing your Title line of your posting with [Success] at the beginning of the line. You may modify that line as meaningful as you want to appear as a search tag. Or better still request Admin Staff for guidance.

[Solved] Wrong Volume Hidden

I have never used it. So I may be dumber :DMay be by editing your Title line of your posting with [Success] at the beginning of the line. You may modify that line as meaningful as you want to appear as a search tag. Or better still request Admin Staff for guidance.

I did tried changing the subject line but no luck, let's wait for others to help

For reconfirmed it, i jest repartitioned the whole HDD and installed the Yosemite on one of my build.

After installation of Yosemite, i don't want to manually reformat the EFI partition as FAT32. Simply i went and installed clover to ESP, as like earlier it is working fine.

I am sticking with my suggestion, no need to manually reformat the EFI partition as FAT32.

For reconfirmed it, i jest repartitioned the whole HDD and installed the Yosemite on one of my build.

After installation of Yosemite, i don't want to manually reformat the EFI partition as FAT32. Simply i went and installed clover to ESP, as like earlier it is working fine.

I am sticking with my suggestion, no need to manually reformat the EFI partition as FAT32.

Thank you Jithin for confirming my original post - I too used to follow the rule of formatting the EFI partition as FAT 32 but found it was not really necessary to do so as reported on other sites. Hence the reason I asked if that is the way os x is installed on a real Mac which I doubt very much.

Hence the reason I asked if that is the way os x is installed on a real Mac which I doubt very much.

I don't have a real mac right now on hand to check it out. But i am believing that it is not depend upon the machine, whether it is a hack or real mac.

GPT is common for everyone and strongly i am believing that the real mac GPT disk also having the same partitioning layout as like what is getting on hacks.

If you have a real mac, just try to mount the EFI/ESP using FAT32 and check.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back