Contribute
Register

Wrong Volume Hidden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Thank you for your time, I installed HFS Explorer, but couldn't see the EFI partition like in your screenshot, is that because I haven't configured my EFI partition to a proper FAT 32 format or is that because my OSx is on a different SSD and hence it can't read
Thank you again.

Have you tried with your installation USB ??

Have you tried with your installation USB ??
Yes I did, its giving me only option to install OSx again, but nothing to boot into the existing OS

Yes I did, its giving me only option to install OSx again, but nothing to boot into the existing OS

I think you are still booting from HDD where the hidden entry added config.plist present.

Otherwise definitely it will show the partition as it is loading the configuration from USB.

Not to hi-jack the thread but is it really necessary to format the EFI partition FAT 32 - other schools of thought says different and is that how it is on a real Mac? I have used the former method (FAT 32) but for Yosemite installation I didn't and I have a tripple boot system working perfect.

Hi,
Thank you for your time, I installed HFS Explorer, but couldn't see the EFI partition like in your screenshot, is that because I haven't configured my EFI partition to a proper FAT 32 format or is that because my OSx is on a different SSD and hence it can't read
Thank you again.

I installed HFS Explorer
Your search for and installation of a software was not good enough for the task yet. Hopefully they will make HFS Explorer better in future versions.

After exploring all the suggestions given here, if you still want to try through Windows, you will have to search for and install a software in your Windows that gives total communication between MAC & Windows. Good luck.

Not to hi-jack the thread but is it really necessary to format the EFI partition FAT 32 - other schools of thought says different and is that how it is on a real Mac? I have used the former method (FAT 32) but for Yosemite installation I didn't and I have a tripple boot system working perfect.

Did you mean that, by default the EFI partition is not formatted as FAT32??

I think you are still booting from HDD where the hidden entry added config.plist present.

Otherwise definitely it will show the partition as it is loading the configuration from USB.

Love you Jithin!! that did the trick , this time I did make sure to boot from USB and I was able to login and cleared the wrong hidden volume from config.plist, now able to boot to OSx.

Thanks again to everyone & especially cmn699, I've learned so much here.

Love you Jithin!! that did the trick , this time I did the make sure to boot from USB and I was able to login and cleared the wrong hidden volume from config.plist, now able to boot to OSx.

Thanks again to everyone & especially cmn699, I've learned so much here.

Glad you succeeded in getting your Hack and Windows dual boot system you were making, working again.:)

May I suggest you to mark your post as 'solved' so that others with same or similar issues searching for help may get answers/directions from your post.

​Wow..sorry for being so dumb.. but where do I mark it as solved..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back