Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[Solved] Wrong Volume Hidden

Hi,
I've messed up my Clover Boot manger, I was trying to hide boot options so that I see only My Yosemite and Windows boot loader, but in my config.plist file I made a mistake of hiding the OSX drive, now all I see is my Recovery drive and Windows drive, any way I can restore so that I can log into my OSX, thank you for all your help.

Hi,
I've messed up my Clover Boot manger, I was trying to hide boot options so that I see only My Yosemite and Windows boot loader, but in my config.plist file I made a mistake of hiding the OSX drive, now all I see is my Recovery drive and Windows drive, any way I can restore so that I can log into my OSX, thank you for all your help.

in my config.plist file I made a mistake of hiding the OSX drive, now all I see is my Recovery drive and Windows drive

You have a couple of approaches to fix this issue to re-edit the Config.plist file in the "hidden" OSX drive.

For those who are more familiar with Windows, may approach this through Windows to access Yosemite HDD .

Others can use of Yosemite USB Installer to get into Yosemite Disk to do the editing.

For the approach through Windows, you need to install a software in Windows that will make Windows' NTFS filesystem capable of 'communicating' with Hackintosh's HFS+ file system

Using the search string Full access to Mac HFS File System under Windows 8 in Google you can locate this software. Once you install it on your Windows, you get a 'Freeway to mac residence" to access the Config.plist file to edit using Worpad and save.
Hope this helps

Hi,
Thanks so much for your help. Unfortunately I don't have the Clover boot loader USB, I have the Yosemite installer USB only with me. So I guess it won't work that way. Please let me know if I am mistaken.
I have windows 7 professional on a different SSD, does the program recognize the MAC EFI partition after installation?
I am away from my computer, will give it a try first thing in the morning.
Thanks again.

Hi,
Thanks so much for your help. Unfortunately I don't have the Clover boot loader USB, I have the Yosemite installer USB only with me. So I guess it won't work that way. Please let me know if I am mistaken.
I have windows 7 professional on a different SSD, does the program recognize the MAC EFI partition after installation?
I am away from my computer, will give it a try first thing in the morning.
Thanks again.
I don't have the Clover boot loader USB,
hmm!

It can access any HFS+ formatted partitions from Win 7 /Win 8.1. But the latest should work in all Windows,even in the yet to be released, Windows 10!

Unfortunately I don't have the Clover boot loader USB, I have the Yosemite installer USB only with me. So I guess it won't work that way.

Boot with Yosemite installer USB and make the changes on the file.

Why required unnecessary steps like "through windows and all those things" as you have a installer USB on hand?? Don't know why the poster always going with windows.

Even not sure whether the EFI partition will be accessible through windows or not.

Why required unnecessary steps like "through windows and all those things" as you have a installer USB on hand?? Don't know why the poster always going with windows.

Even not sure whether the EFI partition will be accessible through windows or not.

Don't know why the posteralways going with windows.

The word always is unfair and uncalled for.

For some of those who are more familiar with Windows' use and learning to install and use Hackintosh, but shut out off their Hackintosh on dual boot with Windows, may be able to use Windows as a rescue route if they don't have an OSX Installer readily available to go through Terminal Troubleshoot.

Even not sure whether the EFI partition will be accessible through windows or not
It can be done. EFI Partition is often formatted in FAT32 ["For best compatibility, it is recommended that the EFI partition also be reformatted to FAT32 instead of default HFS " Please see Tonymac Guide] .
I have done it. But like in any system editing through any method, one should always be careful what files are altered or deleted.
Please see attached screen shot from Windows 8 and you may even try it as a test:)

Attachments

• HowToeditCloverConfig.plist via Windows8.png
    HowToeditCloverConfig.plist via Windows8.png
    253.7 KB · Views: 106

For some of those who are more familiar with Windows' use and learning to install and use Hackintosh, but shut out off their Hackintosh on dual boot with Windows, may be able to use Windows as a rescue route if they don't have an OSX Installer readily available to go through Terminal Troubleshoot.

Most of the issues can be resolved by bootable USB. Windows is not a recommended way while doing something on kexts.

It can be done. EFI Partition is often formatted in FAT32 ["For best compatibility, it is recommended that the EFI partition also be reformatted to FAT32 instead of default HFS " Please see Tonymac Guide] .
I have done it. But like in any system editing through any method, one should always be careful what files are altered or deleted.
Please see attached screen shot from Windows 8 and you may even try it as a test:)

It is good to know that the EFI partition will be accessible through windows. I had not yet tried it as i don't want windows to troubleshoot/resolve the issues.

By default EFI partition will be FAT32.

If the issue cannot be resolved by bootable USB then like a final way you can refer/use of windows/linux. Here for editing config.plist file, only one bootable USB is required (Clover/UniBeast)

My Yosemite Installer USB is first created to install MultiBeast and Chemera bootloader, but later I realized that Clover is better and installed Clover after successfully installing Yosemite., but I didn't created a Clover USB, looks like a mistake.

Do you still think I can boot into my osx, with this USB Installer drive that I have, when I tried to boot from this USB drive, all it gives me is install OSX again, am I missing anything here.

Thank you for your time.

Hi,
Thank you for your time, I installed HFS Explorer, but couldn't see the EFI partition like in your screenshot, is that because I haven't configured my EFI partition to a proper FAT 32 format or is that because my OSx is on a different SSD and hence it can't read
Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back