Contribute
Register

Would this configuration work with High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I will do that, thanks! I am planning to dual boot high sierra and Windows 10 on seperate drives, so I looked up a guide but it says when I have already installed Windows 10 with a MBR partition it wont work, is that true?

Ok I will do that, thanks! I am planning to dual boot high sierra and Windows 10 on seperate drives, so I looked up a guide but it says when I have already installed Windows 10 with a MBR partition it wont work, is that true?
I use only UEFI booting in all my Multi-boot multi-disk Systems. I have not tested with mixed Legacy and UEFI booting to answer your question with confidence. I presume it will be hard if not failure-prone as Clover in UEFI mode on Hackintosh will have a tough time to deal with a Windows 10 in Legacy mode. I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to use that as test Rig to try out different OSes.
Windows 10 disc or Image has a tendency to assume you want Legacy boot mode unless you take special care to guide it to install in UEFI mode.

If you have Windows 10 version 1703 , in its Windows\System32 folder you can find MBR2GPT.EXE that can be used to convert your MBR to GPT( for details do a search using MBR2GPT conversion as a search term).

For Multibooting the best source is https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi-on-separate-drives.198869/
Check Going Bald's excellent Guide and tips.

I am planning to dual boot high sierra and Windows 10 on seperate drives, so I looked up a guide but it says when I have already installed Windows 10 with a MBR partition it wont work, is that true?
Booting from MBR is part of UEFI but its not one of the better parts.

If you have Windows 10 version 1703 , in its Windows\System32 folder you can find MBR2GPT.EXE that can be used to convert your MBR to GPT( for details do a search using MBR2GPT conversion as a search term).

I tried this and it failed I think I have to do a clean install -_-

That is a better decision. Follow Going Bald's Multi-disk Multi-boot Guide using Clover EFI.
Would it work to install windows and osx on one ssd and format a partition on a hdd for mac so that I can use the hdd for both windows and osx?

Would it work to install windows and osx on one ssd and format a partition on a hdd for mac so that I can use the hdd for both windows and osx?

Hello again i have now managed to install mac os high sierra on my ssd but it had a graphics bug(it switched between normal and inverted colours all the time). Then I installed drivers for my system in multibeast and added the fake ID and FB name as suggested in the post above but now the resolution changed completely and I dont have internet connection anymore. Please can someone help me im seriously stuck here.
Edit:I have now re installed mac os and am now again left with the switching inverted colours but everything else works perfectly fine..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back