Contribute
Register

Would someone please help w/Clover config or DSDT to get USB3.1/Type-C PCIe card to work w/Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I really need some help.

I have a PCIe (ASM1142) USB3.1/Type-C card sort-of working on a GA-Z170X-UD5 TH motherboard with Sierra, 10.12.5.
I have my PCIe card plugged into a 16X PCIE slot and it is not recognized as a USB 3.1 cards and operates at < 1/10 the expected speed (37MB/s when it should be closer to 550MB/s)
I'm using this card: http://ableconn.com/support_1.php?gid=113 , and the Ableconn web site says 10.12 Sierra is supported with built-in drivers.

When I look under USB in the system report the card is not even listed.

When I check under storage, I can see storage devices connected to the card but they are very slow.

When I use DPCIManager, I can see the card in the PCI List tab.

Is there some way to use DPCIManager to get the card config details, then use Clover config or some DSDT to ensure that this card is being recognized as a USB 3.1 card?

I'd greatly appreciate any pointers/tips. Especially if someone already has figured out how to get an ASM1142 USB 3.1 card to work. Other examples that I've found don't seem to have the info I need to get this working (or maybe I'm just doing something wrong).

In DPCIManager I have this entry:
1B21, 1242, 1B21, 1242, ASMedia Technology Inc., ASM1142 USB 3.1 Host Controller
and if I click on the magnifying glass it selects: /Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext (shouldn't this be using
AppleUSBXHCIPCI?)

Please help if you can!

Last edited:
O.K. it turned out that /Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext was the issue.
I removed that and the card seems to be working fine.

I just did a multibeast install 10.12.6. Then clover... all works well on my GA-Z68A motherboard but this add on card doesn't work. Any advice other than me checking L/E for genericUSB?

here i get somes troubles

i f you have a good DSDT

see if you are interrest my config

Attachments

• Z170-UD5-TH.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 173
I really need some help.

I have a PCIe (ASM1142) USB3.1/Type-C card sort-of working on a GA-Z170X-UD5 TH motherboard with Sierra, 10.12.5.
I have my PCIe card plugged into a 16X PCIE slot and it is not recognized as a USB 3.1 cards and operates at < 1/10 the expected speed (37MB/s when it should be closer to 550MB/s)
I'm using this card: http://ableconn.com/support_1.php?gid=113 , and the Ableconn web site says 10.12 Sierra is supported with built-in drivers.

When I look under USB in the system report the card is not even listed.

When I check under storage, I can see storage devices connected to the card but they are very slow.

When I use DPCIManager, I can see the card in the PCI List tab.

Is there some way to use DPCIManager to get the card config details, then use Clover config or some DSDT to ensure that this card is being recognized as a USB 3.1 card?

I'd greatly appreciate any pointers/tips. Especially if someone already has figured out how to get an ASM1142 USB 3.1 card to work. Other examples that I've found don't seem to have the info I need to get this working (or maybe I'm just doing something wrong).

In DPCIManager I have this entry:
1B21, 1242, 1B21, 1242, ASMedia Technology Inc., ASM1142 USB 3.1 Host Controller
and if I click on the magnifying glass it selects: /Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext (shouldn't this be using
AppleUSBXHCIPCI?)

Please help if you can!

Hi, why do you use a PCIe usb 3.1 card when the motherboard has already 2 of them on itself? And did you manage to make thunderbolt work on that MB? With Sierra I cannot make them run...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back