Contribute
Register

Would my Dell inspiron 17 7000 be hackintosh-able?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for @nguyenmac and @JustinR:

Do you have any problems with this AppleHDA.kext after a sleep/wake cycle? I have a new Lenovo U430 and this AppleHDA works for audio (it is ALC263), but it does not work after sleep. In fact, it doesn't work even after only "partial" sleep. What I mean by "partial" is even if I "wake" prior to the laptop completely sleeping (eg. 20 sec Mavericks delay for sleep), no audio after. I'm going to try a few DSDT things (have not done the inject yet for HDMI-audio, so maybe related), but I thought I'd ask if you two have the same issue?

Also, @JustinR, is there a thread where the development of this AppleHDA was handled? I'd like to know what binpatch was used to create it such that future versions of AppleHDA can be patched the same (via automated process). Thanks!

I have problem with sound after sleep too, it is very popular problem among Realtek audio. EADP Fix can fix it, but I haven't bothered trying yet. I tried VoodooHDA, it works well with speaker and mic, distorted sound with heaphone port, and no problem after sleep.

I asked Mirone for help but his kext does not work with Headphone port.

I have problem with sound after sleep too, it is very popular problem among Realtek audio. EADP Fix can fix it, but I haven't bothered trying yet. I tried VoodooHDA, it works well with speaker and mic, distorted sound with heaphone port, and no problem after sleep.

I asked Mirone for help but his kext does not work with Headphone port.

I didn't use EAPD Fix. Used CodecCommander instead. Open source vs. closed. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...on-17-7000-hackintosh-able-67.html#post762007

I have a strange problem with my sleep -insomnia while power connected? I have seen this issue in many forums but haven't find any working solution. It will go through the cycle and finally take a small nap of abt. one second. It must be related to some of the USB devices -I think?2nd issue -How come my web cam is working with silverlight and Skype,but not with native programs inside the osx?

I have a strange problem with my sleep -insomnia while power connected? I have seen this issue in many forums but haven't find any working solution. It will go through the cycle and finally take a small nap of abt. one second.

It must be related to some of the USB devices -I think?

Look for 'Wake Reason' in system.log. Instant wake can be solved by using DSDT patches: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch, "7-series USB" or by using GenericUSBXHCI.kext and -gux_defer_usb2 (Kernel Flag). Or both.

2nd issue -How come my web cam is working with silverlight and Skype,but not with native programs inside the osx?

Does your camera have a serial#. Have you tried CameraControl app? See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...t-cameracontrol-app-using-started-deamon.html

Look for 'Wake Reason' in system.log. Instant wake can be solved by using DSDT patches: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch, "7-series USB" or by using GenericUSBXHCI.kext and -gux_defer_usb2 (Kernel Flag). Or both.

Does your camera have a serial#. Have you tried CameraControl app? See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...t-cameracontrol-app-using-started-deamon.html

I thought I tried "7 series usb" which resulted compiling errors -after retry it compiled successfully. In addition patched wak ver.2 and power adapter fix and voila! Need some testing yet, cos 1st time the system freezes after wake from sleep. 2nd time still running and writing from it ;) tks again RM. What comes to my camera I will take it later cos its not so urgent and hardly ever need any web camera -but it would be nice to have all the hardware running though.

Hi guys. I just have a quick question regarding the dell 7737. I want to know what does work and what doesn't work after installing Mac. I read some of the replies but still I do not get it is it worth installing it or not?

I am not a Mac -geek, but I like the way it looks and it's something different from Windows.
Please if someone installed it on a Dell 7737, just list the working and non-working parts/ or the problems that you are coping with.

Regards:)

IMG_20140319_190421.jpg

EDIT: app store and iloud wont work, using ethernet at the min not sure what needs to be done to fix

big thanks to everyone who inputted and submitted patches especially to rehabman for his haswell repo..

I have the 7737 with i7-4500u, 16gb Ram, 1tb, intel 4400 & nvidia 750m, 17" 1920x1080 --everythign apart from the below points works!!!

The audio plays fine through speakers and somewhat fine through earphone socket, the clickpad from synaptics needs a total deadzone where the buttons are IMO....Touchscreen moves mouse to top right of screen when touched.

The original wifi card was removed and replaced with a broadcom one but a good alternative until you can find/afford one is to install HORNDIS and share an android phones wifi connection via usb...

Also, @JustinR, is there a thread where the development of this AppleHDA was handled? I'd like to know what binpatch was used to create it such that future versions of AppleHDA can be patched the same (via automated process). Thanks!

Sorry man I haven't been on here in a while cause I'm satisfied with the turn out of my hackintosh. As far as the sound, I never really got it fixed I sort of gave up back in December. If you've found any resolve I'd love to hear it! I haven't updated my mavericks yet because I don't wanna screw anything up. Can I just update from the laptop itself without screwing anything up? Anyways, lemme know about that sound issue!

Sorry man I haven't been on here in a while cause I'm satisfied with the turn out of my hackintosh. As far as the sound, I never really got it fixed I sort of gave up back in December. If you've found any resolve I'd love to hear it! I haven't updated my mavericks yet because I don't wanna screw anything up. Can I just update from the laptop itself without screwing anything up? Anyways, lemme know about that sound issue!

I ended up making an educated guess on which binpatch was used and it worked...

View attachment 87124

EDIT: app store and iloud wont work, using ethernet at the min not sure what needs to be done to fix

big thanks to everyone who inputted and submitted patches especially to rehabman for his haswell repo..

I have the 7737 with i7-4500u, 16gb Ram, 1tb, intel 4400 & nvidia 750m, 17" 1920x1080 --everythign apart from the below points works!!!

The audio plays fine through speakers and somewhat fine through earphone socket, the clickpad from synaptics needs a total deadzone where the buttons are IMO....Touchscreen moves mouse to top right of screen when touched.

The original wifi card was removed and replaced with a broadcom one but a good alternative until you can find/afford one is to install HORNDIS and share an android phones wifi connection via usb...

Try this http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...l-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html#post683330

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back