Contribute
Register

Would my Dell inspiron 17 7000 be hackintosh-able?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So am I reading this correctly.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 that needs a little updating. It is a 2.4 CoreDuo2 CPU.

I would like to breathe a new life into it. Please advise. Thanks

I followed your guide for the inspiron 7000 laptop but on osxlattitude to the letter and its still the same, should I re do according to the one posted above?

PS: I have a credit card on.. I get 3 varying.. One states cant verify your device id, the other is a general activation error, the third is an error communicating error... strange

I followed your guide for the inspiron 7000 laptop but on osxlattitude to the letter and its still the same, should I re do according to the one posted above?

PS: I have a credit card on.. I get 3 varying.. One states cant verify your device id, the other is a general activation error, the third is an error communicating error... strange

for icloud/appstore. The problem is that you used a USB wifi or phone tether to connect to Internet before installing ethernet/wifi kexts. Here is resolution:

- Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and delete these files:

• CaptiveNetworkSupport
  • com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • com.apple.network.eapolclient.configuration.plist
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
- Go to System Preferences > Network, delete all connection. Then restart
- Go to System Preferences > Network, add your connection again.

worked a treat... much respect :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Just done camera raw update and popped my memory card in.. do you have a generic patch or advice to install a kext for the sd card reader?

worked a treat... much respect :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Just done camera raw update and popped my memory card in.. do you have a generic patch or advice to install a kext for the sd card reader?

I don't see proper kext for Realtek card reader and I don't use it much. My main focus for this laptop is the ALC 283 AppleHDA (headphone port is weird) and HDMI port makes laptop freeze when plugged in.

EDIT: does your nVidia disappear in System Information > Graphics after the guide?

I don't see proper kext for Realtek card reader and I don't use it much. My main focus for this laptop is the ALC 283 AppleHDA (headphone port is weird) and HDMI port makes laptop freeze when plugged in.

EDIT: does your nVidia disappear in System Information > Graphics after the guide?

Should the audio port have similar codec code as a real mac with it also being a multifunction port like on the new pros and airs?

And yeah I just have the 4400 in sys profiler.

I ended up making an educated guess on which binpatch was used and it worked...

Hi Rehabman, I'm interested in patching AppleHDA for ALC283 too. May I ask about the binpatch to use to make it work?

Hi Rehabman, I'm interested in patching AppleHDA for ALC283 too. May I ask about the binpatch to use to make it work?

I use Clover to do the binpatch on the fly. The binpatch is provided as output from bcc9's patch-hda script.

These is the AppleHDA config.plist based patches:
Code:
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>PYQI7BA=</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>PQAAAAA=</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>AppleHDA ALC283 patch #1</string>
			</dict>