Contribute
Register

Would my Dell inspiron 17 7000 be hackintosh-able?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just own a Dell 15 7537 and it's very similar to yours, except some changes in DSDT. I use Clover UEFI and it works fine, have to patch DSDT for injecting HD4400 and disabling GT750 to save energy, along other usual patches. I tried to patch AppleHDA with no success, got Microphone and Headphone (with distorted sound), no speaker.
Can you upload your patched DSDT somewhere?

Very nice laptop, only some issues remaining:
- Sound does not work fully.
- Realtek 8168 does not work due to new chipset, have to wait for Mieze to release new version:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/page-18#entry1982112
- Intel bluetooth works, Intel Wifi does not. Have to replace the card.
- Wake up from sleep results in black screen.

Btw, is the laptop easy to replace wifi card?

EDIT: Install GenericUSBXHCI.kext fixes the sleep problem.

Very interesting thread! Thanks guys :thumbup:
If the problem with sound will be solved i'm thinking seriously to buy this laptop.

I tried to patch AppleHDA with no success, got Microphone and Headphone (with distorted sound), no speaker. That's why I'm still using your patched AppleHDA.

Question for @nguyenmac and @JustinR:

Do you have any problems with this AppleHDA.kext after a sleep/wake cycle? I have a new Lenovo U430 and this AppleHDA works for audio (it is ALC263), but it does not work after sleep. In fact, it doesn't work even after only "partial" sleep. What I mean by "partial" is even if I "wake" prior to the laptop completely sleeping (eg. 20 sec Mavericks delay for sleep), no audio after. I'm going to try a few DSDT things (have not done the inject yet for HDMI-audio, so maybe related), but I thought I'd ask if you two have the same issue?

Also, @JustinR, is there a thread where the development of this AppleHDA was handled? I'd like to know what binpatch was used to create it such that future versions of AppleHDA can be patched the same (via automated process). Thanks!

Just own a Dell 15 7537 and it's very similar to yours, except some changes in DSDT. I use Clover UEFI and it works fine, have to patch DSDT for injecting HD4400 and disabling GT750 to save energy, along other usual patches. I tried to patch AppleHDA with no success, got Microphone and Headphone (with distorted sound), no speaker. That's why I'm still using your patched AppleHDA.

Very nice laptop, only some issues remaining:
- Sound does not work fully.
- Realtek 8168 does not work due to new chipset, have to wait for Mieze to release new version:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/page-18#entry1982112
- Intel bluetooth works, Intel Wifi does not. Have to replace the card.
- Wake up from sleep results in black screen.

Btw, is the laptop easy to replace wifi card?

EDIT: Install GenericUSBXHCI.kext fixes the sleep problem.

Could you write a guide on how to get osx installed to that laptop?
Would really appreciate it :)

Question for @nguyenmac and @JustinR:

Do you have any problems with this AppleHDA.kext after a sleep/wake cycle? I have a new Lenovo U430 and this AppleHDA works for audio (it is ALC263), but it does not work after sleep. In fact, it doesn't work even after only "partial" sleep. What I mean by "partial" is even if I "wake" prior to the laptop completely sleeping (eg. 20 sec Mavericks delay for sleep), no audio after. I'm going to try a few DSDT things (have not done the inject yet for HDMI-audio, so maybe related), but I thought I'd ask if you two have the same issue?

Also, @JustinR, is there a thread where the development of this AppleHDA was handled? I'd like to know what binpatch was used to create it such that future versions of AppleHDA can be patched the same (via automated process). Thanks!

I'm guessing by the lack of responses that no one else is experiencing this loss of audio after sleep/semi sleep?

At this point, I'm going to attempt my own patch for this codec based on my own audio codec dump... And look at few other things that might cause this.

But, since I figured out what binpatch was used, I've been able to create an ALC283 AppleHDA for 10.9.1 based on this one that was posted a while back for 10.9. I also cleaned it up so it is easy to tell what layout-id is being used (86). I have attached it.

Attachments

• ALC283.zip
    843.1 KB · Views: 103
To Rehabman and tonymacx86 community
Hi guys, I bought the 15inch variant of this laptop a month back. Even after following this thread i am having some difficulties in the install process.
Things Not Working :
bluetoothHCI error : did not receive commandwakeup() :
I tried to move all the AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelIF* to a backup folder from "-s" boot flag.It started to work. But after a few days i reinstalled the whole of the Mac Os X as i felt that there was some issue with the graphics and i lost track of the .kext that i have installed. But the earlier method i used is no longer working. I know that it is some issue with the HD4400. I have even tried the boot flags which came up in the thread .Please help me to fix this issue.
PS : i'm doing another clean install

To Rehabman and tonymacx86 community
Hi guys, I bought the 15inch variant of this laptop a month back. Even after following this thread i am having some difficulties in the install process.
Things Not Working :
bluetoothHCI error : did not receive commandwakeup() :
I tried to move all the AppleIntelHD* and AppleIntelIF* to a backup folder from "-s" boot flag.It started to work. But after a few days i reinstalled the whole of the Mac Os X as i felt that there was some issue with the graphics and i lost track of the .kext that i have installed. But the earlier method i used is no longer working. I know that it is some issue with the HD4400. I have even tried the boot flags which came up in the thread .Please help me to fix this issue.
PS : i'm doing another clean install

You need to inject ig-platform-id. I recommend using Chameleon and IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y. You may also need dart=0. Don't remove the drivers -- you need them for working graphics. Also, if your laptop has nvidia, you'll need to remove the nvidia kexts (NV*, Geforce*).

I'm guessing by the lack of responses that no one else is experiencing this loss of audio after sleep/semi sleep?

At this point, I'm going to attempt my own patch for this codec based on my own audio codec dump... And look at few other things that might cause this.

But, since I figured out what binpatch was used, I've been able to create an ALC283 AppleHDA for 10.9.1 based on this one that was posted a while back for 10.9. I also cleaned it up so it is easy to tell what layout-id is being used (86). I have attached it.

FYI: I've figured out the issue here. It has to do with EAPD amp not getting activated after sleep. For that I'm using CodecCommander: https://github.com/Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Thank you so mucch Rehabman , i removed all the Nvidia kext and it worked. but the whole system just after installing a realtek kext using kext utility.i am doing a fresh install again. Another Thing that i noticed is that that the pats of the screen flickers when i scroll up or down, open launchpad, etc. Does this means that the Graphics are not working ? I checked the sysytem report for intergrated graphics. it was mentioned that no kext were installed for graphics card. Is'nt there any way to make both of the graphic cards work together using optimus system ?

Thank you so mucch Rehabman , i removed all the Nvidia kext and it worked. but the whole system just after installing a realtek kext using kext utility.i am doing a fresh install again. Another Thing that i noticed is that that the pats of the screen flickers when i scroll up or down, open launchpad, etc. Does this means that the Graphics are not working ? I checked the sysytem report for intergrated graphics. it was mentioned that no kext were installed for graphics card. Is'nt there any way to make both of the graphic cards work together using optimus system ?

Make sure you read this thread so you know how to activate the Intel HD graphics.

You cannot make both cards work, only Intel HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back