Contribute
Register

Would Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 run ML OSX8.x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear that touch-base will offer the home use license to everybody.

Gary spent over 5 hours debugging the driver via VNC, I was very impressed with touch-base's willingness to spend the resources to get the driver working.

With hiDPI mode enabled the tablet is quite usable for my purposes (live music performance). The $100 was very worth it to me. The only problem is that when I use my 13" MPB I keep trying to use gestures on the screen like an idiot :)

Any interest out there for trying to crowd-fund some money to have somebody port the RTL8723a wifi driver ?

-j

Hey all,

I'm having an issue with my install. I had 10.8 installed on a Crucial 256GB msata drive I installed in the spare slot, and all worked well (using an Edimax wifi dongle). Then I upgraded to 10.8.3, reinstalled kexts, and now the yoga won't wake from sleep. When it sleeps, the light on the power button remains lit, but no input will wake the machine. The only way to get the screen to black is to hold down the power button till its dark, then reboot. To be clear, the yoga wakes fine when only the display sleeps - the issue occurs only when the machine itself sleeps.

Any help would be much appreciated? Is there a darkwake or kext fix??

thanks in advance! -D

Hey all,
Any help would be much appreciated? Is there a darkwake or kext fix??

Which install method did you use? SleepEnabler.kext installed? I have darkwake=0 on mine as well as the default legacy Unibeast install method and not Clover.

Sleep works fine, except when charging. It just wakes itself back up if I try to sleep while it's plugged-in. I haven't bothered to troubleshoot it yet.

Which install method did you use? SleepEnabler.kext installed? I have darkwake=0 on mine as well as the default legacy Unibeast install method and not Clover.

Thanks for you post.

I used clover. I hadn't installed SleepEnabler.kext. Tried it, no change. Then I installed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and got the dreaded kernel panic on reboot. Time to start over, methinks. I ordered the panda dongle, too, so maybe that's the way to go.

do we know of any progress that's been made with the app store solution? i've tried everything i could get my hands on, tried usb ethernet and tons of different tutorials on other things to try. nothing works. wish clover could somehow simulate and mask an ethernet device to point to a mac address of choice (usb wifi). any ideas or methods you've found that work? thanks!!

do we know of any progress that's been made with the app store solution? i've tried everything i could get my hands on, tried usb ethernet and tons of different tutorials on other things to try. nothing works. wish clover could somehow simulate and mask an ethernet device to point to a mac address of choice (usb wifi). any ideas or methods you've found that work? thanks!!

App Store solution, see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/122884-mac-app-store-access-nullethernet-kext.html

Any progress on the yoga 13? WHat about mavericks?

The Ivy Bridge Yoga 13 should be possible. There is trouble with the Yoga Pro 2.

wow that fixed the app store RehabMan!! awesome job! now if only the built-in wireless card would work. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back