Contribute
Register

Would Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 run ML OSX8.x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you share you method to install Mac OS X 10.8 on Yoga 13? I install ML OSX10.8.2 on Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13, but video card HD4000 does not work well. I had try add key HD4000PlantformId=4 into /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist,but it does not work too. Can you tell me how to let video car and touchpad work? Please help me. Thanks a lot.

We need to find a way to the wifi adapter.
I am looking for a msata to usb adapter, they exist, so that might be a clean solution, but to mod the wifi chip would be better.

I bought a DELL DW1702 FJJTN Atheros AR5B195 Wireless N Bluetooth BT 3.0+HS half pci-e Card

Which will work for our BT and WIFI, Going to try and mod it. Not sure if lenovo bothered to put a whitelist on the bios though

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,447
We need to find a way to the wifi adapter.
I am looking for a msata to usb adapter, they exist, so that might be a clean solution, but to mod the wifi chip would be better.

I bought a DELL DW1702 FJJTN Atheros AR5B195 Wireless N Bluetooth BT 3.0+HS half pci-e Card

Which will work for our BT and WIFI, Going to try and mod it. Not sure if lenovo bothered to put a whitelist on the bios though

Could you include a picture with a little bit more of perspective?? I would be very happy if a little mod makes this work.

open yours up yourself, :)

By the way, has anybody noticed the small switch at the right edge of the motherboard, next to the lower mSATA socket?

I believe this is the switch that used to toggle between Intel and ARM CPUs. (they talked about that in early Yoga presentations, but that feature seems to have been dropped in the production version).

If you check the Yoga Hardware Maintenance Manual (page 68), you see a reference to an Azurewave BCM4330 SuperIO card. According to the specs, that chip comes with an ARM CPU... I think that's an Mini PCIe card, not the small USB one (otherwise, they would have indicated it with "USB" as they did with the RTL8732 card)

I wonder what happens if somebody gets one of these Mini PCIe cards (FRU 20200050), or any other wireless PCIe card, and turns the switch to the other position?

Very interesting, that BCM could should in theory work with OSX great.

I would post this information on official lenovo forums, as people there are complaining about wifi issues, so maybe we can help get non hackintosh people interested in this problem.

Also it might still be the same connector, it one way would be to order it I am assuming, anyone manager that?
Part of my reason for assuming this, is where would the mcpie go?? if there was a place for that then we could just get any card?

I just got my lenovo yoga 13 and i wanna hackintosh him, I wanna know if yours is working now ? If not what does and what doesn't work ?

I'm also trying to hackintosh my yoga 13 and so far used unibeast and multi beast to get to the blue tooth loader which is the last step before everything goes graphical but I can't get past it. I've tried adding my hardware Id to the hd4000 kext and playing with the mixed sandy bridge hd graphics options in multi beast but it always hangs before it goes graphical. I'm so close I can taste it. Maybe I have to add my hardware I'd to the hd3000 kext also. I'm reinstalling a fresh copy now but I'm just about to give up. I'm sure there are a bunch of people trying to do what the first guy said who got his partially working. If someone here thinks they might know the next step it would be incredibly gratifying to get mtn lion on this amazing potential hack book. Thanks

Color me interested as well. I have yet to make a successful Hackintosh myself, but I recently got myself a Yoga 13 and would _love_ to make it work on that machine. Good luck to you smart folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back