Contribute
Register

Would Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 run ML OSX8.x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
fleebailey33 said:
Anyone want to volunteer to make a good Clover/UEFI Tutorial?
I keep running into getting the mouse with the apple logo.

That can be a number of things, but the primary two causes would be:

1) Not deleting the NVDA* and ATI* extensions.
2) Not copying over the kexts from the linked clover zip in the vid

Also, if anyone wants to have some fun with the touchscreen in the meantime try this:

- Touch ALL ten fingers to the screen.
- Randomly lift up one to two fingers at a time and one of them will get the pointer when you touch them back.

It's totally useless but after hours of messing with un-working features it makes for interesting user input.
Now try moving that one finger (all five fingers at once with it!) to the menu at the top that's open and try to click on something. If nothing else it's an amusing way to shutdown your computer while looking like a complete doof.

BTW, those who have issues with drag and touch to click on the trackpad, it's just a setting in the SysPrefs -> Trackpad that are off by default.

[EDIT] Also, for those who haven't figured it out yet FN + Home / Pause and FN + PgUp / ScrLk are brightness up and down respectively. Enjoy.

Also, if you are not following the http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/75649-new-voodoops2controller-keyboard-trackpad.html thread, you should be.

The AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext was the previous version of Voodoo based on Apple code. The new version is the VoodooPS2Controller and you should not have both installed.

If you followed the vid guide you currently have both installed. If you are using Voodoo 1.7.4+ remove the PS2Nub kext. More details / reference: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install

Also, the latest version 1.8.3 no longer has a dependency on the FakeSMC kext. Instead it pulls the computer info from the DSDT itself. No reason to update from 1.8.2 for Yoga users if you downloaded that in the last month (released 4/7).

[EDIT] Also, for those not aware, there is a Preference Pane for Synaptic trackpads (which the Yoga has) to change it's settings. One in particular is the 'Extended W mode' which allows for right-clicking the pad itself.

I've also found that moving the 'Finger Z' up to the middle of the slider (from 1/4) reduces the sensitivity and allows for taps, tap-to-drag, etc. to start properly as it reduces the chance the driver will detect it as a scroll or mouse movement before the drag, two-finger right-click, etc.

Deleting nvidia and ATI kexts doesn't make any difference,
Anyone have any other thoughts? Now I get reboot when gets to black screen when gfx load.

If -v doesn't give anything and it just goes black then a single file may have been missed.

Just missing one file can cause a black screen sometimes. I think NVSMU.kext will cause it even though it has dependencies. Easy to miss since it doesn't start with NVDA.

Ah, just re-read your response about the reboot and not a freeze. Using CloverEFI and / or following the vid? Might be quicker and less painful to just rebuild the installer USB if you've re-checked all the vid kexts.

Hello fellow yoga enthusiasts !

I'm happy to report with the hard work and assistance of Gary and Dave from Touch-Base that we have a fully functioning touch screen including gesture support !

I can confirm that it was working VERY well in 10.8, have yet to mess with a 10.8.3 install. I'm not sure if they have updated the demo driver on their website to this latest version but I assume it will be available shortly. I have purchased the driver from them.

I can also confirm that I've got wireless functioning using a Belkin F7D1011 adaptor if anyone is interested.

Would be an amazing, amazing machine if it was possible to get the built in wifi working but as it is the machine should do everything I hope it will.

[EDIT]

Forgot to add that i found that changing the screen resolution made it much easier to navigate the finder via the touch screen.

-j

Hello fellow yoga enthusiasts !

I'm happy to report with the hard work and assistance of Gary and Dave from Touch-Base that we have a fully functioning touch screen including gesture support !

Forgot to add that i found that changing the screen resolution made it much easier to navigate the finder via the touch screen.

-j

Great news on the driver, although that's way too expensive for me. I'd rather write one myself, even if it's just single touch.

For the resolution usability have you tried HiDPI mode? Curious to know if the driver supports it.

Attached is a default private.xml file to use with KeyRemap4MackBook for remapping keys that have modifiers which currently do nothing (FN + F4/F8/F10). Simple file but can get you started.

Haven't tested the F10 mod yet but if it's wrong then ppl can have fun learning how to fix it :p

Attachments

• private.xml
    1.1 KB · Views: 265
I haven't had a chance to try HiDPI yet.

As per the driver, they offered me a home-use license which was more affordable than what was listed on their page. I assume they would offer this license to other folks as well but you'd have to inquire with them yourself.

If you have the programming chops to write a single touch driver then perhaps you could tackle compiling the RTL8723A drivers first :) The source and tarball are out there.

-j

By the time I'm done writing the app I'm doing on the side now it may be a moot point. Meaning someone may have it done before I get a chance.

Anyone know for 100% that the PCIe slots are SATA only? Have been debating decompiling the BIOS for whitelist clues, or hidden forms as a bonus. Would be much easier than writing a driver, as useful as existing hardware would be.

Its not a whitelist, pure msata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back