Contribute
Register

Would Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 run ML OSX8.x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once I get Mint and 8 playing together nicely on my Yoga, I'm up for attempting a triple-boot with ML rounding things out. Admittedly the only reason I'm going to bother is to head off any Mac/PC wars between my roommate next year (who appears to be an ardent Mac supporter).

Since you can add another internal hard drive to the Yoga, I am thinking a dual boot using two SSD drives would be handy.

Any creative geniuses making headway into the Yoga install?

Ckkohl,

Have you gotten this to work yet? I just picked up a yoga 13 and would love to convert it on a second ssd drive dedicated to mountain lion. I am pretty sure there are a bunch of people eagerly awaiting direction and guidance from anybody that got this working. If possible can someone who got this working please post how this was done.

Thank you!

et. al.

I've been working with the very nice and capable Dave over at Touch-base to get the touchscreen working.

The version I've been using (probably the same) is very usable though a bit buggy. I find that by NOT calibrating the screen and avoiding multi-touch it seems to hold up pretty well.

Dave seems very confident that they will be able to get it working perfectly.

-j

Okay I don't know why I lied to myself. I'm never satisfied with sun-par of what I want. Bought a Yoga off eBay last night for a huge discount so I'll be joining the fun soon. Anyone want to buy a Z580? :p

Thinking of jamming the Atheros card I bought in the extra msata / pcie slot, but I bought a panda as well. Would prefer using that slot for a dual SSD soft-raid eventually. Getting internal Bluetooth would be nice as I have a trackpad that's just been a desk ornament for several months so I may focus on that.

Will try to post back in a week or so after I've had some time to mess with it.

Hi folks,

I have now tried to put in mPCIe cards into the two msata slots to no avail. I also tried inserting them after boot to exclude any BIOS whitelisting. Also, the mysterious switch I mentioned in an earlier post had no effect.

I think the mSATA sockets are just not connected for mPCIe.

I am pretty sure the only two choices of getting wifi on the Yoga 13 are:
1. Get a USB WiFi adapter. There are really small ones that work.
2. Replace the RTL8732 by something compatible and make it work with its custom connector.
(I have tried to order the BCM4330 part that is listed in the Hardware Maintenance Manual. FRU is 20200050, but it's unavailable at least from Germany).

If I understand correctly, the Yoga 11 (the Windows on ARM machine) is always equipped with such a BCM4330 card (same FRU).
If anyone gets hold of a Yoga 11 (or the WiFi spare part), it would be best to just try out whether the card gets detected.

Let me know your luck

Without an internal ethernet device being recognized I think we're SoL on the App Store / iCloud, etc.

The latest version of the Voodoo controller gives better gesture support.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/75649-new-voodoops2controller-keyboard-trackpad.html

In combination with BetterTouchTool (and the new commands from the touchpad) you can add keyboard shortcuts for three finger swipe in all directions.

The latest FakeSMC also gives sensor support for the CPUs in addition to the SSD info we were already getting.

Anyone want to volunteer to make a good Clover/UEFI Tutorial?
I keep running into getting the mouse with the apple logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back