Contribute
Register

(WORKING) OSX YOSEMITE 10.10 Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, GTX 780ti, 16 GB 2100 MHZ, 4770k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
Intel i7 4770k
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 780ti 3GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Hackintosh enthusiasts , this time I will comment my experience of having installed the OS 10.10 0 or better known as YOSEMITE on a machine with the following features.

MOTHERBOARD : BK - Z97X - UD5H GIGABYTE
PROCESSOR : Intel i7 4770k
MEMORY: 16GB Corsair DOMINATOR 2400MHz
VIDEO : GTX 780 3GB RAM you
SSD : Kingston Hyper x 240 gb 3K
RAID : Kingston Hyper x 240 gb 3K ( x2 ) configured in RAID 0
HD 4 3TB Hard Drives SEAGATE 7200RPM
POWER SOURCE : Cooler Master 750Watts ( BRONZE )
MONITORS : Apple Cinema Display 21- Inch (DVI -D) and Dell U2913wm ( DisplayPort )

It should be noted that the version of the BIOS of this motherboard never has been updated, prior to this installation I was using version 10.9.5 in which he had many problems with applications, the system froze in time and the performance no seemed to be as good as expected , also when i tried to connect to other computers on my network I have the system took too long to respond and make a list of my files.
The audio codec had many tricks to make it work 100%, so if the system 10.9.5 surprised me is that respect the SOFTWARE RAID 0 that I made with two solid state hard drives , which in the system 10.8.6 this never works correctly, but in this time when i am upgrading from the 10.9.5 had remained intact even at the time of installation of this new 10.10.

Make sure than you are following step by step this guide:http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I never had to restart in VERBOSE mode or with any similar type of switch, from the start the installer worked without any problem with 1920x1080 resolution on both monitors.

Once the installation is complete i rebooted the system having the USB installer plugged and I dedicated myself to give the optimal choices for this team with MultiBeast , which made ​​than the SOUND, ETHERNET, VIDEO and the system functions like the RESET and OFF and other components works correctly without any problem .

So far the system works with high stability , i have installed the basic package design software ( which you already know it ) and word processing ( from Microsoft ) and all without any problem.

I hope this guide will help to you, If you have any questions please let me know.

Greetings

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 10.57.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 10.57.01 AM.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 2,236
  • Z97UD5H-BK Yosemite.mb
    5 KB · Views: 459
Im thinking doing the exact same build but will be using it for video editing and such.. hows the stability of the system so far and what bios version and settings do you have?

Do you get any opengl acceleration and have you tried hooking up two monitors? sorry for the questions but trying to figure out what parts to order before I dive into this.

Does iCloud/iMessage work ?

What was the biggest issue you faced with this build?

Hello zbstudio,

thank you for your guide. I have the same mobo but problems if i follow your guide. I must install with -x and make first reboot with -x to get through installation. If i run multibeast with your settings, after reboot i got stuck at gray apple loading screen.

Can you tell me which bios version on the mobo you have, from which date is the bios?

Thanks in advance.

kind regards

Lordi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back