Contribute
Register

Working BCM94360NG native support for catalina VS BCM94352 DW1560

Status
Not open for further replies.
ouch, yeah, despite the 434mbps link im not able to get the full 80mbps of my connection, where as on any other device at all (iphone 8, x, imac, macbook pro) they pull full speed no problem (73/17)

im getting like 50/5, the fact upload cant even reach 17mbps is very worrysome

in this video he seems to get decent speeds of 80-90mbps, but this could easily be acheiveable on a buggy card at 434mbps link rate, very odd the DW1560 is also having this issue

interesting thing was when i pulled my drive out of my computer and booted my original clover installer the wifi came up and was stuck at 434mbps aswell, this had me thinking it was the card that was bad, but now im thinking if i get another it might do this aswell and may be some kind of bug

as for the channel

at work here im on channel 36 and at home 149, because of how 80mhz channels work therei s only 2, channels 36-48 forms one and 149-161 forms the other,

channel 48 would be the 36-48 80MHz band and channel 149 would be the 149-161 channel.

im having issues on both 80Mhz bands available to me

I booted my Latitude 3450 in to Mojave and saw 702Mbps...

hmmm, that is definately worrysome :( anyone else able to chime in on this? maybe an older version of catalina pre 10.15.6 will work as ive only tried 10.15.6 and 10.15.7

soooo.. here is my current workaround

Netgear A6150 has working catalina drivers

if i use this A6150 USB dongle with BCM94360NG and i removed all wifi networks from BCM94360NG (apples native wifi service) and select to not show wifi in the status bar, and leave the wifi on for this card, Airdrop works as expected and the slow speeds are gone, 140MB airdrop transfer clocked at 4 seconds on a 2017 13'' MBP (280mbps)
vs 6 second on my T440P (190mbps)

id consider this numbers respectable and acceptable, the problem is it cost me 27GBP for the wifi adapter and 35GBP for the BCM94360 which is essentially only giving me airdrop

im going to see if there is anyway i can get this working with my intel card for bluetooth and avoid the BCM94360 all together, but i refuse to not have airdrop.

hmmm, that is definately worrysome :( anyone else able to chime in on this? maybe an older version of catalina pre 10.15.6 will work as ive only tried 10.15.6 and 10.15.7
I have exactly same issue on 10.15.7 (19H15)

NSS is always 1,
i really hope that can be fixed, cause all other native things works perfectly

Hi,

I have ordered the same card (BCM94360NG) to build a new hackintosh but not yet the rest of the components. I will go with Big Sur directly, I'll let you know in a couple of weeks when I have received and installed everything if the issue is still present on the new OS.

Unfortunately this also exists on Big Sur. I'm using the BCM94360NG without any kexts. It works basically OOB but I got frequent packet losses every 5-15min (which is especially annoying during calls, as they will break). Checked on my router and it's maxed out at 433 and occasionally drops to 2xx mbps. I could basically live with the speed - but the packet losses really suck. And its definitely nothing with the antenna or position. Windows works flawlessly and a genuine MacBook Pro, too (at the same location). NSS is always 1 whereas my Macbook Pro has NSS 3.

yeah, same for me, im quite frustrated by this as many people keep recomending these cards but it seems i cant find one use who checks and see's that they arent having the same issue, seems like there is basically thousand of people running sketchy wifi with this card. attached is comparisons between my neargear A6150 adapter
Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 10.44.23 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 10.44.12 PM.png

I just tried booting up the recovery mode from Big Sur and experience the same issue. Still using only a single stream (NSS 1). I was curious and downloaded a bootable image from Catalina - but the same issue remains.

It kind of think that this card might not be fully compatible. I'm really interested if anyone here in the forum running the BCM94360NG getting speeds higher than 433mbps.

I don't know if you have a Apple Watch, but also the feature "Unlock with Apple Watch" does not work. It's always stuck at "Turning on".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back