Contribute
Register

Working BCM94360NG native support for catalina VS BCM94352 DW1560

Status
Not open for further replies.
even with the 433mbps link, i cant get above 50mbps out of my connection, but i believe it could be related to packet loss, so someone with a 1gbps connection may be able to get 200-300/433 but it would still be with passive packet loss and issues. i guess there is no point in returning my BCM94360NG as it seems they are all the same and the fact it works fine in windows helps to proove that. astonishing people are posting youtube videos saying BCM94360NG works good and has good speeds when really its massively flawed for me. would be nice to find out mine and alot of others are duds and there are some good ones but doesnt seem the case

Yep. My question is now: what wi-fi card does actually work with full 867 mbit/s? I'm definitely going to get a different one, but want to make sure that this actually works and does not have the same issues.

Ah, that's a shame, I've bought mine from Aliexpress from the vendor called "fenvi Official store". Maybe guys who already have the card can contact their vendor to inform them or leave a review because this card is presented as the perfect solution in most new guides and it will continue to sell well.

I'm also interested in knowing what card is working, if there is no solution til then, I'll try to see if I can return this one when it arrives from China...

im trying to sort it with my vendor on ebay right now and yes i agree people should be saying something and not just accepting these as fully working, ive got another adapter for wifi but plan to keep my BCM94360NG unless someone can convince me mine is faulty, as i think it is still my only option for airdrop? unless anyone has airdrop working on another card?

I have contacted the seller (fenci Official store) on Aliexpress yesterday and adding a link to this forum thread. I'll let you know if I receive an answer.

I have contacted the seller (fenci Official store) on Aliexpress yesterday and adding a link to this forum thread. I'll let you know if I receive an answer.
I did exactly the same. The answer I got was asking me to provide them with a screenshot from my router settings claiming that I am using an incorrect channel. Well, did that - but I'm pretty sure its not the channel as it is working with full 867mbps when running windows using the same channel. This has to be a software/driver issue. I'm wondering if this could be patched somehow. I'm a software dev but have no knowledge on kexts and where to start at.

I believe its working on mohave aswell (havn't tested myself), personally im considering trying mohave just for this reason, curious if my airdrop speeds would also improve.

any idea if i used the startup utility if i can downgrade from catalina to mohava and keep my data? im only 5 weeks into hackintoshing

edit: researching it doesnt seem super easy to downgrade to mohave and keep my data and it seems OC was never really tested with Mohave for T440P so would have to go back to clover i guess.

Last edited:
I
I believe its working on mohave aswell (havn't tested myself), personally im considering trying mohave just for this reason, curious if my airdrop speeds would also improve.

any idea if i used the startup utility if i can downgrade from catalina to mohava and keep my data? im only 5 weeks into hackintoshing

edit: researching it doesnt seem super easy to downgrade to mohave and keep my data and it seems OC was never really tested with Mohave for T440P so would have to go back to clover i guessi

it should actually be enough to start the installer. You will have wifi there and can check if it works. I also wanted to try that but the installer didnt came up with my opencore 0.6.3 setup. Maybe you have more luck on this. But at least you dont need to backup anything for this

Quick update from my side. Talked to the seller and they just said I should consult the forum. Only help they could offer was "Please change the channel". It's just not okay that they offer it as fully functional plug and play if its just not working.

I'm having these results in Mojave, seems good?
Schermata 2020-12-02 alle 14.01.34.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back