Contribute
Register

Working BCM94360NG native support for catalina VS BCM94352 DW1560

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some testing this morning... One laptop with DW1560 and one laptop with BCM94360NG. Tests were done with both laptops on the same spot on my desk.

BCM94360NG (I got about 300Mbps downloads once or twice but couldn't repeat it when I started taking screenshots):
View attachment 499636View attachment 499635

DW1560:
View attachment 499638View attachment 499637

Obviously, not needing any special kexts to get the card working is great but I don't feel the trade off in performance in worth it. I went back to my DW1560 on the laptop that I use everyday.
Thank you so much for this insight. This clearly states that the BCM94360NG is just using a single channel within macOS. Probably some kind of driver issue as it's working within windows. I actually gave up on this and use a wired connection now.

Anyway, to the users who are using the DW1560 - can you check if the bluetooth supports "HD Audio"? Meaning when using a handsfree (e.g. Aipods) that the input quality is HIGHER than 8Khz (like 16 khz). You can check this in the Audio Midi setup app on a mac and select the input channel of the headset. If this would be supported then I'll definitely switch to the DW1560.

Anyway, to the users who are using the DW1560 - can you check if the bluetooth supports "HD Audio"? Meaning when using a handsfree (e.g. Aipods) that the input quality is HIGHER than 8Khz (like 16 khz). You can check this in the Audio Midi setup app on a mac and select the input channel of the headset. If this would be supported then I'll definitely switch to the DW1560.

Sorry. I don't use Bluetooth audio devices.

Thank you so much for this insight. This clearly states that the BCM94360NG is just using a single channel within macOS. Probably some kind of driver issue as it's working within windows. I actually gave up on this and use a wired connection now.

im a massive audio nerd, I dont think that the bluetooth card will fix this issue.

previously i run BCM94360NG but i did not check the negotiated sample rate for bluetooth mic,

im waiting for the DW1560 in mail

untill then i have intel 7260 AC stock card which came with T440P so i checked into this

my guess is that for a bluetooth mic input, its extremely rare to be used as a source of "high quality" audio because even IF it was above 8000Hz it would still be limited to roughly 320kbps, which isnt high quality.

is anyone able to test what the mic sample rate (format) is using airpods to a macbook pro, i dont have airpods but i can verify the same bluetooth device limited to 8000Hz on real 2017 macbook pro

Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 1.32.11 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 1.32.22 PM.png

i got DW1560 today working great on wifi, bluetooth and airdrop, o ya :)

in reply to benvp the mic input is still 8KHz as i think even on genuine apple products this will be the sample rate of airpods

ouch, actually everything is working fine but im still stuck on 434mbps link, gonna have to do some troubleshooting, dont mind the DFS channel 52 i have a special router ;) the link rate isnt due to the channel.

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 8.53.50 PM.png

im reading this guide to try to solve my issue, currently i am following step one, but not sure exactly what needs to be be done to AddProperties(fake device-id) im not quite sure what this means if anyone could help me out, thanks
  • Clover Airport Fix + AirportBrcmFixup
  • Clover Airport Fix + AddProperties(fake device-id) + AirportBrcmFixup (preferable)
  • Clover Airport Fix + AirportBrcmFixup + FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
  • AirportBrcmFixup + FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

im reading this guide to try to solve my issue, currently i am following step one, but not sure exactly what needs to be be done to AddProperties(fake device-id) im not quite sure what this means if anyone could help me out, thanks
  • Clover Airport Fix + AirportBrcmFixup
  • Clover Airport Fix + AddProperties(fake device-id) + AirportBrcmFixup (preferable)
  • Clover Airport Fix + AirportBrcmFixup + FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
  • AirportBrcmFixup + FakePCIID + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

What are you trying to fix?

Why do you need FakePCIID?

What are you trying to fix?

Why do you need FakePCIID?

im stuck at 434 mbps link rate, no packet loss this time so better than BCM94360NG but still not getting 2 spacial streams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back