Contribute
Register

Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter from Mallaid/Taobao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter from Mallaid/Toabaco

Just got the parts in today. Putting it together took 5 minutes and I ended up saving $40. I purchased both parts for $65. I just had to plug it in and thats it. I was able to switch to my windows partition using my bluetooth keyboard. For $65 its is really worth it. The TP Link WDN4800 is $40 dollars alone, and a Bluetooth adapter is around $10. So for $15 extra dollars I get 802.11AC compared to N, and I get bluetooth support in the BIOS/Bootloader.

Alright. I received both parts (same one TheCreed recommended). I plugged everything in and I now have native BT/WiFi with Continuity/Handoff support! This is great, except I can't get Handoff actually working yet... My WiFi connects, my BT finds my iPhone 6 and MacBook Air, but compatible Handoff apps don't pop up in my Dock. I'll see what's going on and report back. Other than that, great stuff here.

Great news zookini!
Does ios to Mac airdrop work, or only Mac to Mac?
Thanks for the info!

Haven't tested iOS to Mac but did test Mac to iOS with a simple JPEG and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually found the kind of antenna I was looking for in the TP-Link TL-ANT2403N which would give me 3 connectors for just the WiFi while the BT antenna can remain plugged into the back. Will keep looking for something possibly better but will likely end up ordering the TP-Link I imagine.

Just following up to add that the combination of the BCM94360CD and the quad-antenna adapter card has given me working WiFi and Bluetooth in Yosemite with fully-functional Continuity, HandOff and AirDrop. The WiFi/BT adapter was detected and worked straight off with no additional work required. Just need to find a nice triple connector RP-SMA antenna like the one that comes with the Asus Wireless AC cards as the back of the PC is too crowded with cables for the antennae to sit neatly. Thanks to all for posting about this - it's a really nice, effortless and (relatively) cheap upgrade.

How did you get iMessage, iCloud, etc. to work? The filenvram is not working under chimera :evil: so I am assuming you used (the dreaded) clover :banghead: right?

How did you get iMessage, iCloud, etc. to work? The filenvram is not working under chimera :evil: so I am assuming you used (the dreaded) clover :banghead: right?

Yeah I switched to Clover when Mavericks came out and I bought a new UEFI-based motherboard. While it may seem overwhelming at first, I don't think it's all that bad if you spend the time to go through it step-by-step and their wiki is very good.

I read this guide and found out an alternate source/seller selling this card, the card and the antenna are exactly the same, it's around 35 euro.

Airdrop works perfectly sending from/towards iDevices (7.1.2), MacBooks and the Hackintosh. Handoff options are available but I have no iOS 8 devices to test yet.

The ac WIFI works fully with the latest ac Airport time capsule, speedtest result showing 1Gbps speed working as fast as Ethernet. :thumbup:

But iMessage are still not working even I got Clover. :(

Handoff works with this card; Instant HotSpot from my iPhone & iPad also works :headbang:

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 10.44.00 PM.png

also same here everything works on this machine even iMessage and FaceTime also instant hotspot and handoff :headbang::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back