1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter

This is a Apple Wifi AC card with Bluetooth 4.0. It works 100% without any modifications to OSX. It's just plug and play.

Link to Wifi Adapter

After getting clued in by a Netkas post showing that it is possible to use an official apple wifi + bluetooth card with only an adapter I started to
scoured the internets in search of finding where to get such adapter. And lo and behold I came across a person selling an adapter for Apple's latest wifi card direct to PCIe. Looks like this person built it all himself. Pretty impressive really. Only catch is that it was direct from China. I didn't have too much to lose so I gave it a shot and ordered it as it looked from that guy's postings that it seemed like he was legitimately making this part. With the Fedex shipping it turned out to be just over $125. It appears that Mallaid/Taobao ordered the part from the guy selling it and once they got the part in they actually opened up the package and took pictures of it and sent them to me to for my approval. I was quite impressed about this.

20140704182255_791.png.jpeg20140704231134_655.png.jpeg

They then gave me a tracking number that unfortunately didn't work so I wasn't sure if it would get here or not but eventually a week later it was at my doorstep.

Now that it arrived, here are some more pictures. The box was opened but they taped it back up quite well.

image 6.jpgimage.jpgimage 9.jpg

Here are some clear pics of the handiwork that guy put into creating this special adapter.

image 7.jpgimage 10.jpg

As you can see the wifi portion of the card goes though the PCIe part of the board while the Bluetooth goes out to a USB header.

Now to put it into my HTPC. I use thing as a file/web/Time Machine/whatever else server so its not exactly the ideal candidate to put permanently in but if I blew anything up when sticking this card in for the first time I would rather it be this machine.

image 4.jpgimage 7.jpgimage 2.jpgimage 8.jpg

I have to say that card was the nicest card I have ever put in. It just popped down so smoothly. The job this guy did on this card is pure quality.

Now to boot this thing up. When logged in everything worked right off the bat. I had to add the wifi connection to the Network panel but that was no biggie.

Snippit 2014 07 14 20.25.10.pngSnippit 2014 07 14 20.54.03.pngSnippit 2014 07 14 22.03.19.pngSnippit 2014 07 14 22.06.37.png

Now my router can only do 300 Mbit wifi so my next buy will be a AC router at some point here so I can use this thing to its max.

Everything is working great with no dsdt edits or anything it just works.

I had an official Apple Bluetooth card in this thing before that was out of an old 13" Macbook Pro but that thing never cut it. I could never get never get more than 5 feet away from my htpc without my trackpad and keyboard completely cutting out. So the great news is that I can almost get to the other side of my house now and it still works. Completely amazing. Well worth the buy even if its just for the antennae that can have some distance.

I was able to sleep the machine and wake it from Bluetooth as well as getting into the bios.
Auto sleep doesn't work but I have no idea if that even worked before I stuck it in there as I never use it.

With Yosemite around the corner I would expect that because it has Bluetooth 4.0 with BLE it should have full support for Continuity.

Finally it's an official apple part so it should aways be supported
:D

Happy Hacking Everyone.

EDIT: One small con about the card. It has a red LED on the back of the card between the antennae that is always on. Kind of useless in my opinion but I guess someone can always modify it so it would no longer be working.

EDIT 2: I bought another one for my desktop since I was so pleased with the one in my HTPC. No problems with the second one either.

Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter from Mallaid/Toabaco

Very Cool! :headbang:

Just bought a similar one off ebay a few days ago and arrived much faster than what I was expecting. I bought it Sunday night and arrived the following Friday (shipped from China). This thing is good stuff, can't wait to get my continuity/handoff on :headbang:

Only issue I had was trying to find bluetooth drivers for windows, but finally came across it.

oh yeah, and the bluetooth range is bad ass. I have a BT wireless adapter for my receiver downstairs and was surprised my computer upstairs can now connect to it! Haven't tested how the audio comes through yet though. Blows the usb bt adapter I had before that's for sure.

Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter

This is a Apple Wifi AC card with Bluetooth 4.0. It works 100% without any modifications to OSX. It's just plug and play.

Link to Wifi Adapter

Thank you for the link. Just ordered it, let's see how this goes.

Just bought a similar one off ebay a few days ago and arrived much faster than what I was expecting. I bought it Sunday night and arrived the following Friday (shipped from China). This thing is good stuff, can't wait to get my continuity/handoff on :headbang:

Only issue I had was trying to find bluetooth drivers for windows, but finally came across it.

oh yeah, and the bluetooth range is bad ass. I have a BT wireless adapter for my receiver downstairs and was surprised my computer upstairs can now connect to it! Haven't tested how the audio comes through yet though. Blows the usb bt adapter I had before that's for sure.

Can you link me to the windows drivers for the wireless AC & BT? Can't find them anywhere--thanks! ;)

For windows if I remember right I just went and downloaded the latest bootcamp drivers from Apple and then manually went searching through the drivers included with that to pick out the bluetooth and wifi drivers I needed.

Hope that helps.

You can get the drivers here
http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/downloads/

Like chad said you just look for the bluetooth and wifi drivers and then install. The bluetooth drivers didn't work for me, but was able to find it somewhere else and now it works. Let me know if you need me to upload it

This card is pretty expensive so I decided I would purchase the parts separately. I bought the BCM94360CD to PCI-E adapter and the BCM94360CD card itself. It comes out to $65 shipped and comes with all of the things that are included with the one you saw above. Im assuming all you have to do is put the card into the adapter and connect the included USB cable to the USB header on your motherboard.

I will update this post when the parts come. (October 4 - 20)

Here are the links I used to buy the two parts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231337807155?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191029765954?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back