Status
Not open for further replies.
Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter from Mallaid/Toabaco

Here is how the devices look:

iPad:
Handoff_iPad.jpg

iPhone:
Handoff_iPhone.jpg

Screenshots transferred to the Hack via AirDrop (used to send iMessages before, now much simpler)

Speedtest with ac WIFI

w9U5wQ.png

Ethernet

qH8c01.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 3.24.36 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 3.24.36 pm.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 276
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 3.26.04 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 3.26.04 pm.png
    40 KB · Views: 255

Handoff was working from iPhone to Mac but not vice versa. Subsequently I logged out/logged back into iCloud on both and toggled Bluetooth etc and got it working from Mac to iPhone but not vice versa! So it's worked both ways, just not at the same time!

If I open the Bluetooth settings on both devices then I can see the iPhone on the Mac's pairing list but the Mac doesn't appear on the iPhone's pairing list. Not sure what's going on there but it seems a lot of people are having issues with Bluetooth on Yosemite going by the threads on the official Apple forums.

Update: After much jiggery-pokery on both devices I think it was the combination of resetting the network settings on the iPhone (which also resets all Bluetooth settings) and re-logging into iCloud that fixed it as I now have it working bidirectionally. It still doesn't feel bulletproof given how much messing around was required to get it going on 2 devices with fairly "clean" builds but I can rest knowing that it at least works.

Handoff was working from iPhone to Mac but not vice versa. Subsequently I logged out/logged back into iCloud on both and toggled Bluetooth etc and got it working from Mac to iPhone but not vice versa! So it's worked both ways, just not at the same time!

If I open the Bluetooth settings on both devices then I can see the iPhone on the Mac's pairing list but the Mac doesn't appear on the iPhone's pairing list. Not sure what's going on there but it seems a lot of people are having issues with Bluetooth on Yosemite going by the threads on the official Apple forums.

Update: After much jiggery-pokery on both devices I think it was the combination of resetting the network settings on the iPhone (which also resets all Bluetooth settings) and re-logging into iCloud that fixed it as I now have it working bidirectionally. It still doesn't feel bulletproof given how much messing around was required to get it going on 2 devices with fairly "clean" builds but I can rest knowing that it at least works.

Got mine today. Wifi works perfectly OOB, Bluetooth appears but my Magic Mouse movement is sluggish and erratic with it (the MM has never been great, but was much better with the GMyle USB Bluetooth 4.0 adapter). I'm just going to ditch the MM and stick with my trusty Logitech M325.

Don't care about Handoff/Continuity as I don't use an iPhone.

nobodynose i had that problem and thats due to your antennas need to be moved i had to do that and it sorted it on mine hope this helps you

nobodynose i had that problem and thats due to your antennas need to be moved i had to do that and it sorted it on mine hope this helps you

Moved how? Just randomly adjusted or is there a specific alignment or pattern that's better?

i took the antennas out of the card and moved them closer 1 for the bluetooth

i took the antennas out of the card and moved them closer 1 for the bluetooth

Not sure I understand what you mean.

the connectors on the on WIFI/Bluetooth card move the Bluetooth connector which you screw your antenna onto move it closer to your desk

the connectors on the on WIFI/Bluetooth card move the Bluetooth connector which you screw your antenna onto move it closer to your desk

The cable is only 3 inches long, I don't see how I can move it, unless I buy an extender antenna. Is that what you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back