Contribute
Register

Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter from Mallaid/Taobao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody. I have just installed the card as I was hoping to get Bluetooth and Wifi to work with Handoff.

I'm using the BCM94360CD (iMac version with AC WiFi) and the same adapter as the one in the last post.
Since it didn't work the first time I installed the card I thougth I'd do a fresh install since I had been playing with some kexts before.

But even on the fresh install I can't get this thing to work. The only working part of this is Bluetooth. I can connect to an Apple Magic Mouse and use it. But there is no WiFi device detected anywhere.
The PCI card is connected to another PCI slot (since they downward compatible)

Hope someone can help me out on this.

Edit:

Ok I have just tried the normal PCI-E X1 Slot and it worked perfectly fine. I still don't know why it won't work on the other slot (I can't use my X1 Slot as there is no place to put the antennas) but i guess I'll have to live with it until I do my Mac G5 Mod. I have one which is far from good. I can't use more than half of my PCI Slots and everything is a bit messy. I might to post about it in this Forum.

What motherboard do you have?
Have you got same (adaptor+wifi/bluetooth) that I mentioned earlier or different one?

I have an Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3. The Wifi Card is an Apple branded BCM94360CD and the adapter is the same as you mentioned.

Like I said it works on a PCI-E 1X slot but not the other ones. Since I will mod my case anyway it's not a big deal. I just thought at the beginning that it wouldn't work at all. My current mod is a bit messy. Didn't have the time and tools to do it correct when I did this a few years ago. Now I got myself a Lian-Li Motherboardtray with plenty of slots instead just four of the Mac G5

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    985.6 KB · Views: 231
I responded to this thread earlier this year, but never got a helpful answer. I tried installing Apple's official drivers in Windows 8.1, and now 10, but it wont allow me to! My mouse is automatically recognized, but I can't scroll (I've tried the software from trackpadmagic as well), and my keyboards number pad isn't working properly. For some reason there's an error whenever I try to install the driver.

Hello, I own the PCIe x 1 adapter and the BCM94360CD mini PCIe card. This has been the best wifi/BT4 experience I've had so far.

Problem is, I need the x 1 PCIe slot on the mobo for other tasks. I do have a half size mini PCIe slot on the motherboard that's unoccupied. I tried using the half size mini BCM94360HMB-AzureWave card but there are issues with BT that make it a poor choice for my needs.

I'd like to know if it would be possible using a half size mini PCIe to mini PCIe extension adapter so I would be able to use my BCM94360CD card connected to the half size mini PCIe slot via the adapter. I could then run the cables/wifi antennas to an empty PCI cover slot on back of the case.

I'm unsure if this would work although it seems like it would. The other thing is what about BT4? Would I still need to some how connect the BCM94360CD to an internal USB header or would it just work because it's connected to the half mini PCIe slot on the motherboard?

Is this possible? I look forward to your replies!

Hi. I have a macpro 1.1 and today I got this card and adapter. But in my mac there are no USB header on the board.
Anybody install this kit to macpro 1.1? If you did, can you show me the usb connector on the board? Where you connect usb header on the board?

Here's the drivers I used that got BT and wifi working in win 8.1 x64

Wish I knew about the build it yourself option. Would have saved $30
Would anyone happen to know where to find Windows 7 compatible drivers for both WiFi and bluetooth? These drivers don't work

I got it working using a x16 slot, actually the first x16 slot where the graphics card would usually go. My mobo (Gigabyte Ga Z97MX Gaming 5) has 3 x16 slots, I'm using graphics card on the second x16 slot.

Only issue I have with bluetooth is that the range is very short, I'm wondering if there could be an issue with the antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back