Contribute
Register

Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter from Mallaid/Taobao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter from Mallaid/Toabaco

The one question I have once the card is installed is, do I have to use WiFi from that point forward, or can my Hackintosh still be hooked up via LAN instead of WiFi?

Thanks...

Of course you can still use either one.

Just got the parts in today. Putting it together took 5 minutes and I ended up saving $40. I purchased both parts for $65. I just had to plug it in and thats it. I was able to switch to my windows partition using my bluetooth keyboard. For $65 its is really worth it. The TP Link WDN4800 is $40 dollars alone, and a Bluetooth adapter is around $10. So for $15 extra dollars I get 802.11AC compared to N, and I get bluetooth support in the BIOS/Bootloader.

Hi TheCreed,
Can you manage the manual for link usb cable to motherboard? I have one a Gibabyte chipset H87. Two days before i was bought this two items. Just for have an ideia if a have to adjust the conectors in MB or not.

Thanks,
LP

I bought a similar one and the wifi was not working. I had to reinstall yosemite from the scratch. After that it's working perfectly both bluetooth and wifi.

He Guys,

I'm using the apple BCM94360CD with my z77x-udh5 rev. 1.
Everything works great. Bluetooth and wifi are working in OSX 10.10.1

BUT:
I can't get bluetooth get to work in BIOS and at boot loader.
Does anyone have any idea what I can do?
Are there specific biossettings have to make?

thnx.

JP

Thanks to all the great advice here I've purchased the parts separately and installed the card.

The good news is that WiFi & Bluetooth work OOB. My Magic Mouse paired perfectly and the card is showing up as AC in System Report.

The bad news is that my WiFi is now slower than with the TP-Link card it replaces. I have an AC router & was expecting to see some speed increases, at least with file transfers & streaming.

Further, as I run a dual boot, I have run speedtest on both OSs and am getting significantly higher speeds on Windows: 11+ Mbps for Windows (which is consistent with the TP-Link card) vs 3-5 Mbps for OS X. So the issue seems to be with OSX, rather than the card.

FTP transfers are also significantly slower than previous & I can notice a real lag when browsing. It seems to take a while to launch new pages but they load OK once it has started.

I've tried setting up a new network location & changed MTU to 1453 but to no avail.

Has anybody else had similar issue or can suggest how to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks

He Guys,

I'm using the apple BCM94360CD with my z77x-udh5 rev. 1.
Everything works great. Bluetooth and wifi are working in OSX 10.10.1

BUT:
I can't get bluetooth get to work in BIOS and at boot loader.
Does anyone have any idea what I can do?
Are there specific biossettings have to make?

thnx.

JP

You may have to enable legacy USB support in the BIOS.

USB Legacy support is enabled. But won't work.
Strangly I have an older USB Apple bluetooth adapter, that works at Boot and in the Bios.

Could it be the setting XCHI and ECHI? Both are enabled now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back