Contribute
Register

Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter from Mallaid/Taobao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working 100% official Apple BCM94360CD with PCIe adapter from Mallaid/Toabaco

Hello all,

I have a question. I have the exact same PCIe adapter and BCM94360CD cards from ebay seller. AC WiFi works fantastically. Bluetooth, not so much. Has anyone else had issues with Bluetooth not working? I plugged up the USB power adapter to my motherboard, made sure all the connections from adapter to card were good, made sure antennas were all tightly connected and nothing helps. It shows up under System Information and I can turn on the Bluetooth and find my iPhone but it will not connect (well it connects then disconnects the next second). This is a continuous problem. Please help.

Thank you.

I'm having the exact same problem - AC Wifi works VERY well. Bluetooth shows up in System Info and claims to be working, and I'm able to pair my Nexus 5 with it, but two seconds later it unpairs. To make matters worse, I tried connecting to my Hackintosh from my phone using the Bluetooth File Transfer app, and it (eventually) times out, saying that "The required service" [Bluetooth FTP] "is not available on the selected device." How can that be, when System Info says it is:

Services:
Bluetooth File Transfer:
When receiving items: Accept all without warning
State: Enabled
Bluetooth File Exchange:
When other items are accepted: Save to location
State: Enabled

I bought on of these cards (BCM94331PCIEBT4CAX) to fit in a 2011 MacBook Pro 13" but I found that the MacBook won't boot with the card installed and I noticed the ribbon cable to the logic board was also getting very warm. Refitted the old card and it's working fine again. Anyone else had this or have just been unlucky and got a dodgy card?

Can you please explain me where to connect the black cable that coming out of this network adapter?

Thanks

On a P8Z77-LX2

THANKS!

Can you please explain me where to connect the black cable that coming out of this network adapter?

Thanks

On a P8Z77-LX2

THANKS!

The cable plugs into an internal USB header, it powers the bluetooth.

The issue I am having seems to be relatively minor in comparison to most, I am noticing occasional lag when i wake my Hack. It wakes with either the trackpad or BT KB but then 1/10 times it will freeze for ~30 seconds or so. I had modified kexts to allow an older USB dongle to work. Should I have to change them back to vanilla Apple BT kexts/plists?

Well i want to buy the card and the adapter combo. Mainly i am in windows 8.1. Anyone knows how it works with windows? Are there any official drivers for windows out there?

So I got the BCM and installed...It works beautifully for WiFi, but the bluetooth only works with my macbook pro. I was able to pair my iPhone with it but then it disconnects. I looked in the system preferences and both macbook and iPhone are listed as bluetooth on my hack pro but it will not connect to the iPhone to save my life. I also do not have airplay in the menu bar on yosemite. The bluetooth icon is listed on the menu bar and will communicate with my macbook. I can communicate with Apple TV 2nd gen with iTunes but hack pro does not airplay. I have read all the posts in this thread to no avail. I am in the com.app.bluetooth.plist file and there are tons of symbols and stuff that are not readable by a human. I have a Gigabyte z77-udh5 MOBO and I put the link cable off the BCM into the usb on the MOBO. Is there something else that I need to try to make this thing work like it is supposed to? I also cannot sign in to my iCloud account as it says cannot sign in at this time try again.

Thank you...if you need more information I can provide what you need.

***EDIT***
Here is what I have...does this make any sense and am I not doing something correctly? I cannot get bluetooth to pair with smartphone(iphone5) nor will it do airplay to appletv. I also am unable to connect to iCloud account.
Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 4.3.1f2 15015
Hardware, Features, and Settings:
Name:
Address: XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-B4
Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: Yes
Handoff Supported: Yes
Instant Hotspot Supported: Yes
Manufacturer: Broadcom
Transport: USB
Chipset: 20702B0
Firmware Version: v99 c8866
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Off
Connectable: Yes
Auto Seek Pointing: On
Remote wake: On
Vendor ID: 0x05AC
Product ID: 0x828D
HCI Version: 0x6
HCI Revision: 0x22A2
LMP Version: 0x6
LMP Subversion: 0x4163
Device Type (Major): Computer
Device Type (Complete): Mac Desktop
Composite Class Of Device: 0x380104
Device Class (Major): 0x01
Device Class (Minor): 0x01
Service Class: 0x1C0
Auto Seek Keyboard: On
Devices (Paired, Configured, etc.):
ChocolateThunder:
Address: XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-58
Major Type: Phone
Minor Type: Smartphone
Services: PAN Network Access Profile, Handsfree Gateway, Audio Source, AVRCP Device, Wireless iAP, MAP MAS-iOS, AVRCP Device, Phonebook
Paired: Yes
Configured: Yes
Connected: No
Manufacturer: Broadcom (0x7, 0x410D)
Firmware Version: 0x0810
Vendor ID: 0x05AC
Product ID: 0x12A8
Class of Device: 0x02 0x03 0x7A020C
EDR Supported: Yes
eSCO Supported: Yes
SSP Supported: Yes
ElToroMac’s MacBook Pro:
Address: XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-07
Major Type: Computer
Minor Type: Mac Portable
Services: Headset Audio Gateway, Group Ad-hoc Network Service, A2DP Audio Source, AVRCP Target, Apple Macintosh Attributes, Bluetooth-Incoming-Port, Hands Free Audio Gateway
Paired: Yes
Configured: Yes
Connected: No
Manufacturer: Broadcom (0x6, 0x4163)
Firmware Version: 0x1010
Vendor ID: 0x004C
Product ID: 0x4A34
Class of Device: 0x01 0x03 0x38010C
EDR Supported: Yes
eSCO Supported: Yes
SSP Supported: Yes
Services:
Bluetooth File Transfer:
State: Disabled
Bluetooth File Exchange:
When other items are accepted: Save to location
Bluetooth Internet Sharing:
Incoming Serial Ports:
Bluetooth-Incoming-Port:
RFCOMM Channel: 3
Requires Authentication: No
Outgoing Serial Ports:
Bluetooth-Modem:
Address:
RFCOMM Channel: 0
ElToroMacsMacBookPro-Bl:
Address: XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-07
RFCOMM Channel: 3
ChocolateThunder-Wirele:
Address: XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-58
RFCOMM Channel: 16

I got the card and the adapter also. While WiFi was working immediately out of the box, bluetooth is still not working.
There is no bluetooth hardware found in 'About this Mac / System report'. I put the adapter in different PCI-E slots, but there was no change (now it's in a 1x slot).
I've already delete as mentioned above 'com.apple.Bluetooth' in '/Library/Preferences', but without success.
I'm a little confused about the 2-Pin cable connected to an internal USB connector: It was mentioned above that this cable is used for power supply and should connect to +5 and GND pins of the USB connector. But - according to the manual of my board - it is connected to 'USB DX+' and 'USB DX-'. Is this correct?
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77P-D3

Any ideas what can be done to get bluetooth working?

The cable plugs into an internal USB header, it powers the bluetooth.

The issue I am having seems to be relatively minor in comparison to most, I am noticing occasional lag when i wake my Hack. It wakes with either the trackpad or BT KB but then 1/10 times it will freeze for ~30 seconds or so. I had modified kexts to allow an older USB dongle to work. Should I have to change them back to vanilla Apple BT kexts/plists?

Basically you're saying that the pcie card should have worked even if that cable was not connected right?
Well, my PC can't start when it's plugged to the motherboard.

BTW, Could you please show me where that USB plug is located in my motherboard?

I've got this one:

http://media.ldlc.com/ld/products/00/01/18/19/LD0001181979_2.jpg

The one question I have once the card is installed is, do I have to use WiFi from that point forward, or can my Hackintosh still be hooked up via LAN instead of WiFi?

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back