Contribute
Register

[Work In Progress] Lenovo Z580 ML Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really looking forward to reading about all of the z580 success when retail Maverick comes out.

I've had my dual boot running with Windows 7 for a few days now but I've been enjoying OSX so much that I don't think I'll even be needing Windows anymore!

Of note, I wanted to ask you guys about battery life. I haven't done any formal testing but I have noticed what seems like a significant increase in battery life when using Mountain Lion. On Windows I think I was getting around 3 hours but now it appears to be closer to 4. Has anyone done formal tests?

Hey guys any solution for the webcam, it's too dark to be of any use.

I found a free solution in one of my posts several pages back. It's not a complete solution, as you are likely to still have some washout.

This solution is commercial and I tested it for free. It seems to do better as you have control over the colors and such.

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/iglasses/

Dear Vikingr,

I had the same Problem with my WiFi Card and the Solution is you have to install airportd from 10.8.3. 10.8.4 brought some new Wifi things so the most Broadcom WiFi cards can only encrypt WEP. But on my Atheros AR2427 it was the same. So just download the attached airportd file and copy it to
usr/libexec/ . Before that you have to enable Hidden Files in the Terminal. You do this with

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

and

killall Finder

now just copy the File and restart your Hackintosh.
Voila your WiFi works now as it should be.

View attachment airportd.zip

Hey all, I'm in the process of updating my first post to include instructions for updating to 10.8.5. I've also decided to create an "update kit" for my personal use on my Z580, with instructions and kexts, but I'll share it here too.

Sorry for the neglect of this thread!

Users - what kexts and configurations worked for you, or you believe should be included/added?

Hey all, I'm in the process of updating my first post to include instructions for updating to 10.8.5. I've also decided to create an "update kit" for my personal use on my Z580, with instructions and kexts, but I'll share it here too.

Sorry for the neglect of this thread!

Users - what kexts and configurations worked for you, or you believe should be included/added?

Please update too about i5-3210m models

Please update too about i5-3210m models

Flapjack, what differences are there with the i5-3210m model of the Z580 that we need to take into account? Can you summarize your findings and/or send me kexts?

Hi people. Last time in march i was trying to install ML on my Lenovo Z580 Core I5 failed, i didn't make all thing working on laptop, so went back on Billy's. I have couple questions about installing and post installing process with ,can someone help me on Skype with it to direct in right way. When i was installing Hack on my PC, i made all by instructions and its work perfectly for 2 years.
P.s. In general post there is a mark about Optimus and Nvidia card to look in topics, but its already 40 pages and i cant find it. Could someone tell me about that?
Will be wery greatfull.

You can do a keyword search on the thread for things like Optimus or Nvidia. There's a drop-down option in the upper righthand corner of each thread box.

I am pretty sure that Optimus will not work. However, Nvidia cards might work. You'll need a kext of some sort, like an "injector" kext. Check out other forums such as osx86.net for more info. Nvidia might have kext you can download too - not sure. Do a search for your nvidia make and model on this forum and on osx86 to see if anyone has gotten the kext to work.

My old 2009 desktop has an Nvidia graphics card, but it wasn't supported. I managed to find an nvidia injector kext to get it working. However, this kext was required in /extra and /system/library/extensions even for my computer to boot up! I think I had to manually use Terminal from the installer USB (or in your case unibeast) to copy the kext to the Extra and SLE folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back