Contribute
Register

[Work In Progress] Lenovo Z580 ML Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help with wifi. I've got the AR5B95 installed. Airport appears to be working correctly. The proper networks are detected but when trying to join my network I get "Connection Failed". Are there certain parameters I need to enter manually for the wifi like with the Ethernet? Thanks

I need some help with wifi. I've got the AR5B95 installed. Airport appears to be working correctly. The proper networks are detected but when trying to join my network I get "Connection Failed". Are there certain parameters I need to enter manually for the wifi like with the Ethernet? Thanks

How did you make your AR9285 work? Are you using patched kexts or did you use DSDT edits?

Best to run stock kexts and use DSDT edits to inject AR9380 device-id (168c:0030... because it works on SL/Lion/ML/etc).

If you post your DSDT and ioreg, I can easily make a patch. But you have to be running stock IO80211Family.kext...

How did you make your AR9285 work? Are you using patched kexts or did you use DSDT edits?

Best to run stock kexts and use DSDT edits to inject AR9380 device-id (168c:0030... because it works on SL/Lion/ML/etc).

If you post your DSDT and ioreg, I can easily make a patch. But you have to be running stock IO80211Family.kext...

I am using the IO80211Family.kext that Turkawa posted on page 25. As I said, appears to be working but will not connect.

I am going to attempt this but if it makes any difference, I can connect to unsecured networks. The trouble appears after entering the password to my WPA2 network.

I don't think it makes any difference... Unless you know exactly what has been done to the kext and which version it was based on (and whether it is the same version of OS X that you're running), you should not be surprised that it doesn't work... Because you don't know what you're getting.

I don't think it makes any difference... Unless you know exactly what has been done to the kext and which version it was based on (and whether it is the same version of OS X that you're running), you should not be surprised that it doesn't work... Because you don't know what you're getting.

IOReg explorer keeps crashing.

Where did you download it from? Did you read the *entire* post?

I really appreciate the fast responses. I was abletoresolvemy problem using an updated IO80211Family.kext

I really appreciate the fast responses. I was abletoresolvemy problem using an updated IO80211Family.kext

You probably found one more appropriate for your version of OS X. It is best to run with stock such that you don't have to worry about it with system updates.

But nice to hear you found one that was compatible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back